Binary package hint: ubuntu-docs
[SRU for Maverick]
* This bug makes users very confused because telling using 11.04 in spite of using 10.10.
* This bug was introduced in Maverick SRU 10.10.4.
* Just documentation fix.
- debdiff: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/61514563/ubuntu-docs_10.10.4.debdiff
1. Open "System" -> "About Ubuntu" from GNOME menu
2. Get the wrong text "You are using Ubuntu 11.04 - the Natty Narwhal - released in April 2011 and supported until October 2012."
3. upgrade to -proposed package
4. Get the right text "You are using Ubuntu 10.10 - the Maverick Meerkat - released in October 2010 and supported until April 2012."
While testing some unrelated proposed updates I also updated 'ubuntu-docs' to 10.10.5 (maverick-proposed) and noticed that clicking on About Ubuntu then displayed Natty info, but upon downgrading to 10.10.4 (maverick-updates) About Ubuntu still displays, "You are using Ubuntu 11.04 - The Natty Narwhal - ..........".
Version 10.10.3 displays the proper info. This is a very minor thing but thought I should report it anyway. I will also reference this bug at bug 689789 so Martin Pitt knows about it.
ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
Package: ubuntu-docs 10.10.4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-24.42-generic 22.214.171.124
Uname: Linux 2.6.35-24-generic i686
Date: Tue Dec 14 10:48:22 2010InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)