"Internal Error ...google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb could not be opened"
Double-clicking the latest version of Google's Chrome .deb file (x64) results in Software Center (eventually) loading and displaying the following:
The file "/home/
The expected result was that the deb file would open and the option to install would be shown.
See also bug 858246, the same error for the Opera .deb.
For different errors when installing the Google Chrome .deb, see:
- bug 696282 (asks for authentication, then freezes)
- bug 869683 (Dependency is not satisfiable: libnspr4-0d (>= 4.7.3-0ubuntu1~))
- bug 876677 (Wrong architecture 'amd64').
Using 11.10 Beta 2:
Description: Ubuntu oneiric (development branch)
software-center version 5.0
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: software-center 5.0
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic x86_64
Date: Wed Oct 5 09:54:04 2011
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta amd64 (20110921.2)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
- Jason Conti (community): Approve on 2012-10-15
- Ubuntu Core Development Team: Pending requested 2012-10-15
- Diff: 322 lines (+166/-9) 7 files modified (has conflicts)
- Michael Vogt: Pending requested 2012-08-14
- Diff: 293 lines (+117/-9) 10 files modified (has conflicts)
|Mark Embling (markembling) wrote : Re: Software Center cannot open external .deb file goog-echrome-stable||#7|
|Christopher Kyle Horton (christhehorton) wrote : Re: Software Center cannot open external .deb file google-chrome-stable||#8|
|Changed in software-center (Ubuntu):|
|status:||Incomplete → Confirmed|
- Software Center cannot open external .deb file google-chrome-stable
+ "Internal Error ...google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb could not be
|Conner Lee (connerleecml) wrote : Re: [Bug 868188] Re: "Internal Error ...google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb could not be opened"||#31|