Incorrect paper size or type
I just recently installed the HP-B8550 3.9.12 drivers. Now, when I try to print on 4x6 photo-paper from the photo-try of the B8550, it tells me "Incorrect paper size or type, press OK to cancel" on the printer's LCD screen. It feeds the paper into the printer then spits it back out without printing anything on it. If I try to print from the main tray with 4x6 paper loaded. I am not loading the paper incorrectly, it is loaded with the print-side face down. Note that I have test printed a nice 8.5x11 photo on matte "everyday" photo-paper.
Here's what I do from GIMP:
1. Image > Print Size > 4.000in width x 5.200 in height (my pictures are 4:3 format).
2. File > Page Setup > Paper Size > 6 x 4 Photo Paper. Orientation: Landscape.
3. File > Print...
4. General tab: HP_Photosmart_B8550 is selected.
5. Page Setup tab: One-sided, 1 page per side, print all sheets, paper type is photo paper, paper source is photo tray, scale is 100%.
6. Image Settings tab: Width is 5.000in, Height 5.200in, X resolution 750 dpi, Y resolution 750 dpi, left and right position are 0in, top and bottom position are 0.4in. Center is "both". Ignore Page Margins is unchecked.
7. Job tab: Priority is set to Medium.
8. Image Quality tab: Print Quality is set to Best.
9. Color tab: Output mode is set to Color.
What's going on here?
|Changed in hplip:|
|status:||New → In Progress|