Comment 98 for bug 361205

Petr_Kosv (karrrolina) wrote :

I downloaded plus ungzipped tracker_0.6.93.orig.tar.gz and read its readme. I didn't kill the elder buggy trackerd. To configure new installation of trackerd first I ran - by mistake - : sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-deskbar-applet=auto --with-deskbar-applet-dir=/usr/lib/deskbar-applet/{handlers,modules-2.20-compatible}. ("sudo" wasn't supposed to be there + the last two items were to intsall trackerd's deskbar applet.)

Secondly, trackrd's config.log did not allow me to run configuration anew correctly without the "sudo". I deleted the config.log and started anew correctly: ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-deskbar-applet=auto --with-deskbar-applet-dir=/usr/lib/deskbar-applet/{handlers,modules-2.20-compatible}. In the configuration process I had to add these packages via synaptic package manager: zlib1g-dev, libgliv2.0-dev, libpango1.0-dev, libgmime-..., libdbus1-dev + libdbus-glib-1, intltool, libhal-storage-dev, libxml2-dev, libsqlite3-dev, starting the configuration abt ten times.

Then the configuration process finished successfully and printed on screen that I make sure sqlite is made or intsalled with a special attribute (for the deskbar applet to work, I suppose). (I failed to save the attribute details.) - Not knowing how to do that I ommited this.

Finally I ran "make" and "sudo make install" successfully.

However, the bug, the trackerd's obtrusive three-item choice (reindex / cancel / ok), eating 99-100% of cpu resources, is back as soon as I stick my usb in the laptop.

As you can see I'm a layman and will be grateful for any tip.