Comment 74 for bug 563862

i have been using 10.4 since it was released > never had this problem
today i installed a number of updates (via update manager) and the problem started (only with CD in the drive)

in att you can find the install log ( var/log/apt/term.log) of the upgrades is did today (there are 2 upgrades in fact, but i did not reboot inbetween, so i dont know what part of the upgrade caused this)

i did a quick search on 'power' and there are a few matches :

Preparing to replace libdevkit-power-gobject1 1:0.9.1-1 (using .../libdevkit-power-gobject1_1%3a0.9.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libdevkit-power-gobject1 ...
...
Preparing to replace libupower-glib1 0.9.1-1 (using .../libupower-glib1_0.9.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libupower-glib1 ...
...
Setting up libdevkit-power-gobject1 (1:0.9.1-1ubuntu1) ...
Setting up libupower-glib1 (0.9.1-1ubuntu1) ...
...
Preparing to replace upower 0.9.1-1 (using .../upower_0.9.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement upower ...
...
Setting up upower (0.9.1-1ubuntu1) ...