Activate smooth scrolling in Evince [SRU]
Gtk+ 3.3.18 introduced smooth scrolling via the GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH event, which
is activated by default for most widgets, but opt-in for custom widgets that
handle scroll events themselves.
Evince's document view is a custom widget that does not have GDK_SMOOTH_
This bug affects all touchpad users in Precise. Touchscreen users may also be affected.
Upstream patch is currently under review in the upstream bugtracker. Once that patch is accepted, I will update the debdiff.
1. Open a multipage document in Evince
2. Open the thumbnail view
3. Scroll in the thumbnail view using a touchpad's scroll implementation (circular, side scrolling, or two finger scrolling)
4. Notice that the scrolling is smooth, without the jerky behaviour present in Gtk2 applications and applications in previous Ubuntu releases.
5. Repeat #3 in the document view
6. Notice that scrolling is jerky, like the behaviour in previous releases.
There isn't much regression potential, as the codepath for smooth scrolling in GtkScrolledWindow has already been activated by default for all Gtk3 applications and is well tested in Precise.
|Changed in evince:|
|importance:||Unknown → Medium|
|status:||Unknown → New|