Binary package hint: amule
This release could be considered a bugfix release since most of the innovations of aMule 2.2.1 are already included in the latest svn.
Download tarball (it is necessary to rename debian by debian-upstream):
I removed "configure_ignore_gdlib-config_garbage.diff" patch for 2 reasons:
* It modifies files of source code that are constantly changing and therefore we must be continually updated.
* I have consulted 2 aMule developers (Kry and GonoszTopi) and they have recommended that I not use this patch. The conversation is in an attachment.
amule (2.2.1-0ubuntu1) intrepid; urgency=low
* New upstream, aMule 2.2.1
- The "Soon" release ;D
- Renamed debian/ to debian-upstream/
- Require libupnp3 for uPnP support in amule-daemon
- Change to libcrypto++-dev (>= 5.5.2-2)
- Updated Standards-Version to 3.8.0
- aMule 2.2.1 no longer assumes a Latin-1 charset, and refuses
to handle files with non-ASCII characters if the running
locale does not support them. (from debian package)
Removed. It is no longer needed.
Removed. It is no longer needed (never been necessary)
- Install amule-utils package avoid the manual process of
configuring the firefox 3 to accept ed2k links. In the future
this will be extended to more browsers.
-- Festor Wailon Dacoba <email address hidden> Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:55:14 +0000