west-chamber-dkms 20100405+svn20110916.r119-1: west-chamber kernel module failed to build

Bug #990979 reported by Andrew on 2012-04-29
44
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
west-chamber (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Not sure if I needed to add this,just upgraded.

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: west-chamber-dkms 20100405+svn20110916.r119-1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic-pae 3.2.14
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
Architecture: i386
DKMSKernelVersion: 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
Date: Sun Apr 29 19:25:38 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
PackageArchitecture: all
PackageVersion: 20100405+svn20110916.r119-1
SourcePackage: west-chamber
Title: west-chamber-dkms 20100405+svn20110916.r119-1: west-chamber kernel module failed to build
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-04-29 (0 days ago)

Andrew (mescalito) wrote :
tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Ying-Chun Liu (paulliu) wrote :

Hi,

This bug is due to xtables-addons 1.40-1

Please read.
http://bugs.debian.org/656510

When you upgrade xtables-addons to >= 1.41-1 then it is fixed.

Changed in west-chamber (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed

On 07/05/12 01:32, Ying-Chun Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This bug is due to xtables-addons 1.40-1
>
> Please read.
> http://bugs.debian.org/656510
>
> When you upgrade xtables-addons to>= 1.41-1 then it is fixed.
>
>
> ** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #656510
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656510
>
> ** Changed in: west-chamber (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Confirmed
>
Thanks :)

Maarten Bezemer (veger) wrote :

Could you respond when you have tried whether updating xtables-addons worked (or not), so we can further process this bug report?

Changed in west-chamber (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Andrew (mescalito) wrote :

On 07/05/12 07:16, Maarten Bezemer wrote:
> Could you respond when you have tried whether updating xtables-addons
> worked (or not), so we can further process this bug report?
>
> ** Changed in: west-chamber (Ubuntu)
> Status: Confirmed => Incomplete
>
Hi,for sure but I'm fairly new to Linux(about 6 months) and am not sure
how to "install" the fix?

I'm used to the terminal and such, and I gather I need to extract the
package and put it somewhere.

I tried last night and did some searching but couldn't really grasp it???

Thanks for your hep so far.

Maarten Bezemer (veger) wrote :

If you have Precise, you just need to check if you have precise-updates available in /etc/apt/sources.list:
  deb http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted

And just update/upgrade your system. Afterwards you should have version 1.41-2ubuntu0.1 of xtables-addons

If you do not have Precise, you need 'pinning': https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto

Andrew (mescalito) wrote :

On 07/05/12 17:37, Maarten Bezemer wrote:
> If you have Precise, you just need to check if you have precise-updates available in /etc/apt/sources.list:
> deb http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
>
> And just update/upgrade your system. Afterwards you should have version
> 1.41-2ubuntu0.1 of xtables-addons
>
> If you do not have Precise, you need 'pinning':
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto
>
Hi Maarten,

Thanks so far and sorry for the delay.
Not really sure what I'm doing but I think I can do it.
I'm getting an error permission denied to add anything and the
precise-updates are not listed.

Thanks

Andrew

Maarten Bezemer (veger) wrote :

You can only edit /etc/apt/sources.list as root, so open the application to edit the file using sudo in front, eg 'sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list' (without the quotes) Or replace vi with any other text editor you prefer.

Andrew (mescalito) wrote :

If this is just the weather applet,I'll remove it as I don't use it.

I really have no idea how to correct this otherwise.

Thanks for your help with this.

Andrew

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.