0.6.5 2010-02-04 "Our last, best hope for victory"
* Since libnih has been separated out into its own project, Upstart
no longer includes its source and now uses the installed version by
* The external nih-dbus-tool means that cross-compilation is trivial,
the path to it may be overriden with NIH_DBUS_TOOL=... as an
argument to configure. (Bug: #426740)
* Developers may still build against a local libnih source tree by
passing --with-local-libnih=/path/to/libnih to configure.
* There is a new initctl "reload" command, with matching
/sbin/reload symlink. This sends the SIGHUP signal to the running
main process of the named job instance.
* Event operator matches in jobs now support "!=" in addition to the
usual "=", e.g.:
start on net-device-added INTERFACE!=eth*
* Moved D-Bus system bus reconnection trigger from SIGHUP to SIGUSR1,
since SIGHUP is already used for a forced configuration reload and
causes Upstart to "forget" state.
* Fixed bug where the default runlevel would be lost when an
/etc/inittab file exists without an initdefault line. (Bug: #405847)
* Fixed "Unhandled error" message from shutdown. (Bug: #426332)
* Fixed "Unhandled error" assertion crash from Upstart child
processes when failing to spawn a job. (Bug: #451917)
* No longer holds /dev/console open, so the SAK SysRq key will not
kill Upstart. (Bug: #486005)
* Restored sync() call before reboot().
* Added missing OPTIONS section to init(8) manpage. (Bug: #449883)