Binary package hint: thunderbird
This happens to me on Ubuntu 7.19, using thunderbird version 188.8.131.52+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.7.10.0:
Steps to reproduce:
1. open the inbox of an IMAP mail account using SSL encryption.
2. Mark the top three messages as junk by clicking in the junk column of the message pane.
3. Leave the next two messages not junk.
4. Mark the next four messages as junk as above.
5. On the sidebar, right click the inbox you are using and press open, or select another account and come back again.
The last 4 messages stop being marked as junk after a delay of a fraction of a second. The other 3 remain as junk.
What should happen:
They stay as you just marked them.
I have the English (GB) Language pack, the default theme, and no other Thunderbird extensions.
I can repeat this on two different mail accounts, on different IMAP mail servers, but not on a POP3 one. I have the views sorted with the newest messages at the top.
Date: Wed Apr 23 17:01:02 2008
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 7.10
Package: mozilla-thunderbird 184.108.40.206+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.7.10.0
Uname: Linux legg-laptop 2.6.22-14-powerpc #1 Tue Feb 12 02:26:07 UTC 2008 ppc GNU/Linux