Tonight my distribution (Debian) made an update of glib2.0 available; I changed from Debian package libglib2.0-0 version 2.46.1-2 to version 2.46.2-1. A quick test revealed that I was not able to cause Thunar to crash by copying many files to a temporary test directory and renaming all of them one at a time.
I did not test exhaustively, so the problem may still exist. I need to get some sleep, but I will do some serious testing in the morning to see if I can get Thunar to crash with the new glib2.0. I will say this -- looking at their changelog, I see at least one commit that sounds promising:
Author: Dan Winship <email address hidden>
AuthorDate: Sat Oct 24 10:37:22 2015 -0400
Commit: Dan Winship <email address hidden>
CommitDate: Tue Oct 27 09:51:12 2015 -0400
gtask: re-fix tasks-blocking-other-tasks
The new "slowly add more task threads" code doesn't fully deal with
apps that queue lots and lots of tasks which then block on tasks from
their task threads. Fix this by bringing back the "task is blocking
other task" check and making sure that such tasks get bumped to the
front of the queue.
If I am wrong about the problem being fixed, I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up. The simple test I made just now would easily have caused Thunar to crash and disappear before, so I thought I would mention the glib2.0 update so that other people can confirm (or refute) that it helps them.