software-store trunk r216, Ubuntu Karmic
software-center trunk r2155, Ubuntu Ocelot
software-center-gtk3 trunk r2155, Ubuntu Ocelot
1. From the initial screen, search for "inks".
2. Navigate to the "Inkscape" result.
3. Look at the path button (GTK2), or the top of the software item screen (GTK3).
What you see:
* In the GTK2 UI, "Get Software > Search Results > Inkscape Vector Graphics Editor".
* In the GTK3 UI, only the application icon and title.
What you should see:
* In the GTK2 UI, "Get Software > Graphics > Drawing > Inkscape Vector Graphics Editor".
* In the GTK3 UI, "Graphics ▶ Drawing" links above the icon and title.
"Except where specified elsewhere, a software item screen should contain: 1. A link to its primary category. 2. A triangle (▶) and a link to its primary subcategory, if it has one."
In user testing of USC on 2010-12-15, this showed up as a moderate usability problem: participants navigated to a "Featured" or "What's New" application from the main screen, then installed it without knowing what kind of application it was.
See also bug 554180 and bug 830218.