This bug was fixed in the package samba - 3.0.28a-1ubuntu1
samba (3.0.28a-1ubuntu1) hardy; urgency=low
* Merge from Debian unstable, remaining changes:
- set SAMBA_VERSION_VENDOR_SUFFIX to Ubuntu
- add "(Samba, Ubuntu)" to server string.
- comment out the default [homes] shares, and add a comment about
"valid users = %S" to show users how to restrict access to
\\server\username to only username.
- do not change priority to HIGH if dhclient3 is installed
- use priority medium instead of high for the workgroup question
- include additional files
- fix typos in net(8) and smb.conf(5) man pages
- Don't add user with UID less than 1000 to smbpasswd.
- add 'status' option for LSB conformance.
* Updated control version.
* Set Ubuntu maintainer address.
* Dropped changes:
* debian/samba.if-up: this ifup hook isn't actually needed with
* Set 'usershare allow guests' by in the default smb.conf, so that
usershare admins are allowed to create public shares too, not just
authenticated ones (e.g., via nautilus-share). LP: #204703.
-- Steve Langasek <email address hidden> Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:53:09 +0000