oneconf-query crashed with IOError in translation(): [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'oneconf'

Bug #856576 reported by Kalpit Shah on 2011-09-22
This bug affects 381 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
oneconf (Ubuntu)
Critical
Unassigned

Bug Description

This happened during post-processing of installation of updates through the update-manager.

ProblemType: Crash
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: oneconf 0.2.6.5
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-11.18-generic 3.0.4
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
Architecture: amd64
Date: Thu Sep 22 10:01:09 2011
ExecutablePath: /usr/share/oneconf/oneconf-query
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta amd64+mac (20110901)
InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.7
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/oneconf-query --async-update
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/oneconf-query', '--async-update']
SourcePackage: oneconf
Title: oneconf-query crashed with IOError in translation(): [Errno 2] No translation file found for domain: 'oneconf'
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

Kalpit Shah (shahkalpit84) wrote :
tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
tags: added: bugpattern-needed
Michael Terry (mterry) on 2011-09-22
visibility: private → public
grubu (grubu) wrote :

Also happened via commandline: sudo apt-get upgrade .

grubu (grubu) wrote :

The following packages have been kept back after
the upgrade-process: gnome-control-center-data libmutter0 .

grubu (grubu) wrote :

After an dist-upgrade gnome-control-center-data has been upgraded to
(1:3.1.92-0ubuntu2) and libmutter0 is remaining open for the moment.

Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → grubu (grubu)
grubu (grubu) wrote :

Happened after upgrading the following packages: apt apt-transport-https
apt-utils gir1.2-mutter-3.0 gir1.2-networkmanager-1.0 libapt-inst1.3
libapt-pkg4.11 libmutter0 libnm-glib-vpn1 libnm-glib4 libnm-util2
mutter mutter-common network-manager .

My Gnome-shell got uninstalled, and now I am not able to reinstall
Gnome-shell....dependency problems and broken packages....

On Thu 22 Sep 2011 02:14:22 PM CDT, grubu <email address hidden> wrote:

> Happened after upgrading the following packages: apt apt-transport-https
> apt-utils gir1.2-mutter-3.0 gir1.2-networkmanager-1.0 libapt-inst1.3
> libapt-pkg4.11 libmutter0 libnm-glib-vpn1 libnm-glib4 libnm-util2
> mutter mutter-common network-manager .
>

grubu (grubu) on 2011-09-22
Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
assignee: grubu (grubu) → nobody
grubu (grubu) wrote :

Hello Jigar I am not sure if this might help you but since yesterday I added
again Rico Tzschichholz's repo by: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/testing
as read here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1842981 maybe it
could be solution.

Confirmed. same scenario as above. Crash occurred dost post init script during package upgrade.

grubu (grubu) wrote :

After a systems reboot this bug is not reproducible again for me by updating and upgrading.

grubu (grubu) wrote :

Hm but was again reproducible by an dist-upgrade with no packages to upgrade?

grubu (grubu) wrote :

After another upgrade with new installed packages it is still reproducible by the same procedure.

iGadget (igadget) wrote :

I got this crash 3 times already right after each other, all after running the upgrades.

iGadget (igadget) wrote :

and it just happened again, after I did an apt-get update in the console.

Also for me: After each system update this crash happens.

Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Critical
milestone: none → ubuntu-11.10

Happens also after installing an additional package, for example after

sudo apt-get install cheese

Raised the importance and milestoned it as it is annoying to get a crash pop-up after each package installation operation.

Error found while looking for updates using Update Manager.

Jeff Lane (bladernr) wrote :

This appears to happen after installing packages. Doesn't seem to matter what package, just the act of installing a package triggers oneconf-query to crash...

JimT (tuttle-j) wrote :

I initiated a check for updates & got the crash. There was a partial upgrade to go through, followed by a reboot, and got the crash again.

Corbin (corbin) wrote :

Same for me. It crashes when I upgrade packages, and when I update my package system with 'apt-get update.' It just did it again 15 seconds ago.

bperkey (bsperkey) wrote :

Crashes after I upgrade packages.

crash caused during an upgrade ...

Jared (jared-vanvolkenburg) wrote :

Happened right after apt-get dist-update ran in a terminal completed.

Jared (jared-vanvolkenburg) wrote :

sorry dist-upgrade*

Jared (jared-vanvolkenburg) wrote :

reoccurs after reboot and starting update manager.

Just occurred to me after doing a partial upgrade through the Update Manager in Oneiric.

the problem here is that the oneconf package is broken and is missing its gettext catalogs (.mo)

zhiwei (chenzhiwei) wrote :

crash caused during starting update manager.

The attachment "until a fixed package is available, the following workarounds the missing files" of this bug report has been identified as being a patch. The ubuntu-reviewers team has been subscribed to the bug report so that they can review the patch. In the event that this is in fact not a patch you can resolve this situation by removing the tag 'patch' from the bug report and editing the attachment so that it is not flagged as a patch. Additionally, if you are member of the ubuntu-sponsors please also unsubscribe the team from this bug report.

[This is an automated message performed by a Launchpad user owned by Brian Murray. Please contact him regarding any issues with the action taken in this bug report.]

tags: added: patch

upstream has implemented an committed an alternative workaround patch in revision 208 that is tagged for release with version 0.2.6.6 of this package, and so the proposed patch might not need further review

Didier Roche (didrocks) on 2011-09-23
Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package oneconf - 0.2.6.6

---------------
oneconf (0.2.6.6) oneiric; urgency=low

  * Don't crash if translation domain for that language not available
    (LP: #856576)
 -- Didier Roche <email address hidden> Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:26:29 +0200

Changed in oneconf (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
iGadget (igadget) wrote :

Just out of curiosity... has Ubuntu now taken upstream's patch or the one that was proposed in this thread?

grubu (grubu) wrote :

Agreeing to this bug got fixed.

Actually, it gets worse- I've had to revert back to 11.04 for the time being
as my system became completely unstable.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:04 PM, JimT <email address hidden> wrote:

> I initiated a check for updates & got the crash. There was a partial
> upgrade to go through, followed by a reboot, and got the crash again.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (856864).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/856576
>
> Title:
> oneconf-query crashed with IOError in translation(): [Errno 2] No
> translation file found for domain: 'oneconf'
>
> Status in “oneconf” package in Ubuntu:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> This happened during post-processing of installation of updates
> through the update-manager.
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
> Package: oneconf 0.2.6.5
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-11.18-generic 3.0.4
> Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Thu Sep 22 10:01:09 2011
> ExecutablePath: /usr/share/oneconf/oneconf-query
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Beta amd64+mac
> (20110901)
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.7
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/oneconf-query --async-update
> ProcEnviron:
> PATH=(custom, no user)
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/oneconf-query', '--async-update']
> SourcePackage: oneconf
> Title: oneconf-query crashed with IOError in translation(): [Errno 2] No
> translation file found for domain: 'oneconf'
> UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
> UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/oneconf/+bug/856576/+subscriptions
>

--
Tim Wochomurka
Telephone: 860 670 1445

This bug seems fixed to me.

Jigar Shah (jigar-shah1984) wrote :

Same here....seems fixed after the recent oneconf update

On Fri 23 Sep 2011 04:52:28 PM CDT, WarriorIng64
<email address hidden> wrote:

> This bug seems fixed to me.
>

I've got open google chrome, getedit, program which open pdf file and 3 terminals. I don't update the OS, therefore I think the bug is case bad implemented code.

After clousing pdf file

Enau (cspl) wrote :

in Xubuntu after running 'sudo apt-get upgrade'

To post a comment you must log in.