Binary package hint: notify-osd
Just noticed that the recent notify-osd behavior ,in Karmic, suppresses all the async notifications during full screen apps!
This is a bit frustrating , because now
- I'm not notified about loss of network connectivity!
- when IM messages are received the lack of notifications forces me to escape from full-screen mode and check with the IM client as to who sent the IM . Previously it was easier to know who had sent it and i could choose if i wanted to reply immediately or not.
- I'm not notified about new mail arrivals.
I believe there was a lengthy discussion in the Ayatana Mailing list and the decision was to :
- Use a DND mode in the FUSA/indicator-session
- Not show notifications only when the user has selected the DND mode.
If the DND is not possible to implement in this cycle , Kindly dont suppress the notifications.
I didnt notice this behavior earlier , i just imagined I missed the
notifications when using fullscreen apps.
I think it started occurring from update notify-osd (0.9.19-0ubuntu1) to
Ever since the slots have been assigned i have never seen the async bubbles
when running any app in full screen mode. [firefox , totem, vlc , OOo.org , EOG]
Date: Sat Sep 12 22:39:59 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
GtkTheme: VDust Sand
MachineType: Acer, inc. Aspire 5670
Package: notify-osd 0.9.21-0ubuntu2
no product info available
ProcCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31-10-generic root=UUID=070f2a33-a167-4055-9429-e626203105d4 ro splash
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-10.32-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-10-generic i686
dmi.board.vendor: Acer, Inc.
dmi.board.version: Not Applicable
dmi.chassis.vendor: , Inc.
dmi.product.name: Aspire 5670
dmi.product.version: Not Applicable
dmi.sys.vendor: Acer, inc.