1. This bug makes Kaffeine's auto-codec installation loop for media which can't be played back with libxine1-ffmpeg or libdvdcss (e.g. recent versions of WM* or MOV)
2. In the development branch we introduced 2 'returns' in the python script responsible for handling the codec installation (0.8.6-2ubuntu2)
3. Patch attached
4. TEST CASE:
* Install Kaffeine
* Try opening http://www.nasa.gov/mov/229743main_parachute-640.mov with kaffeine
* The codec installer should pop-up and ask whether to install the appropriate codec
* The installer will pop-up again and notify you that the available codecs are already installed
* The file will still not be playable, but the installer shouldn't loop
5. No regression potential because the returns are additions to QApplication.exit(1) functions.
Binary package hint: kaffeine
When I try to play the following file with kaffeine, it says "installing codec" and fails with "Codec package is already installed"
then it begin again to reinstall the Codec
this forever. I have to kill kaffeine.
A video of the bug with a 3gp file: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/13965716/3gp-bug.ogg