This bug was fixed in the package grub2 - 1.98-1ubuntu1
grub2 (1.98-1ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian (bug-fixes relative to previous snapshot
release). Remaining changes:
- Adjust for default Ubuntu boot options ("quiet splash").
- Default to hiding the menu; holding down Shift at boot will show it.
- Set a monochromatic theme for Ubuntu.
- Apply Ubuntu GRUB Legacy changes to legacy update-grub script: title,
recovery mode, quiet option, tweak how memtest86+ is displayed, and
use UUIDs where appropriate.
- Conflict with grub (<< 0.97-54) as well as grub-legacy.
- Fix backslash-escaping in merge_debconf_into_conf.
- Remove "GNU/Linux" from default distributor string.
- Add crashkernel= options if kdump and makedumpfile are available.
- If other operating systems are installed, then automatically unhide
the menu. Otherwise, if GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT is 0, then use keystatus
if available to check whether Shift is pressed. If it is, show the
menu, otherwise boot immediately. If keystatus is not available, then
fall back to a short delay interruptible with Escape.
- Allow Shift to interrupt 'sleep --interruptible'.
- Don't display introductory message about line editing unless we're
actually offering a shell prompt. Don't clear the screen just before
booting if we never drew the menu in the first place.
- Remove some verbose messages printed before reading the configuration
- Suppress progress messages as the kernel and initrd load for
non-recovery kernel menu entries.
- Keep the loopback file open so that subsequent changes to the "root"
environment variable don't affect it.
- Change prepare_grub_to_access_device to handle filesystems
loop-mounted on file images.
- Ignore devices loop-mounted from files in 10_linux.
- Show the boot menu if the previous boot failed, that is if it failed
to get to the end of one of the normal runlevels.
- Handle RAID devices containing virtio components.
- Improve DM-RAID probing support.
- Don't generate /boot/grub/device.map during grub-install by default.
- Store grub-pc/install_devices as persistent device names under
- Change priority to optional to match the priority of grub.
- Shave eight bytes off the pre-partition-table part of boot.img.
- Don't display "GRUB loading" unless Shift is held down.
- Adjust versions of grub-doc and grub-legacy-doc conflicts to tolerate
our backport of the grub-doc split.
- Optimise hostdisk device handling, substantially speeding up
grub-probe filesystem reads.
grub2 (1.98-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release (closes: #572898).
- Fix grub-script-check to handle empty lines (closes: #572302).
- Fix offset computation when reading last sectors. Partition reads and
writes within and outside a partition (closes: #567469, #567884).
- Fix script execution error handling bug that meant that an error in a
menuentry's last statement caused the whole menuentry to fail (closes:
#566538, LP: #464743).
- Support GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX (closes: #536453, LP: #416772).
[ Samuel Thibault ]
* Add GRUB_INIT_TUNE example to /etc/default/grub (closes: #570340).
[ Colin Watson ]
* Build-depend on libusb-dev so that grub-emu is reliably built with USB
support (closes: #572854).
* Update directions in debian/rules on exporting grub-extras to account
for it being maintained in Bazaar nowadays.
* Add myself to Uploaders.
* Acknowledge NMUs, thanks to Torsten Landschoff and Julien Cristau.
grub2 (1.98~20100128-1.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Stop setting gfxpayload=keep (closes: #567245).
grub2 (1.98~20100128-1.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Apply trivial patch (already merged upstream) fixing the offset
computation for non-cached reads (closes: #567637).
-- Colin Watson <email address hidden> Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:18:14 +0000