[SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work

Bug #1798053 reported by Per-Inge on 2018-10-16
172
This bug affects 25 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-software (Ubuntu)
High
Olivier Tilloy
Cosmic
High
Olivier Tilloy

Bug Description

[Test Case]

1. Open gnome-software
2. Press Ctrl+F and type "firefox" or any string that will return results
3. Click any result in the list (snap package or deb, already installed or not, it doesn't matter)
4. Observe that a new page is open showing details about the application
5. Close gnome-software
6. Open gnome-software again
7. Observe that the application is open on the last open page (details view about the application)
8. Click the back button (top-left corner)

Expected result: the application goes back to the list of search results (or perhaps to the home screen)

Current result: nothing happens

Please note that the upstream fix reverts a new behaviour and as a result, when opening again gnome-software at step 6, the application opens on the home screen instead of resuming the last open page. This is consistent with how gnome-software behaves in bionic. So after applying the patch, steps 7 and 8 can be folded into one single step: "Observe that the application is open on the home screen".

[Regression Potential]

Low. This is a cherry-pick of a self-contained trivial upstream commit that is already released in gnome-software 3.30.3 (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/commit/ca5f8e74b6f9991ae228caa2c698131a54764774).
As noted above, it does change the behaviour of re-opening the application after closing it, but it reverts it to the behaviour it had in bionic, so I don't think it should be considered a regression.

Re-opening the application after closing it in a number of different situations should be thoroughly exercised to make sure that this doesn't introduce any functional regression.

[Original Description]

Searched for Chromium, installed Chromium (snap version), clicked Launched and used chromium.
Went back to gnome-software and clicked the back button. Nothing happened. Restarted gnome-software and clicked the back button. Nothing happened.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10
Package: gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu3 [modified: usr/share/gnome-shell/search-providers/org.gnome.Software-search-provider.ini]
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-10.11-generic 4.18.12
Uname: Linux 4.18.0-10-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13
Architecture: amd64
CasperVersion: 1.399
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Oct 16 11:22:16 2018
InstalledPlugins:
 gnome-software-plugin-flatpak N/A
 gnome-software-plugin-limba N/A
 gnome-software-plugin-snap 3.30.2-0ubuntu3
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64 (20181016)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=C.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-software
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
modified.conffile..etc.xdg.autostart.gnome-software-service.desktop: [deleted]

Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin) wrote :
Ubuntu QA Website (ubuntuqa) wrote :

This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/1798053

tags: added: iso-testing
Ross Gammon (rosco2) on 2018-10-16
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Ross Gammon (rosco2) wrote :

I see this also in a live Ubuntu Studio session. I installed AnimationMaker (snap). The install button stays active after installation. I ran the Animation app from the menu - all worked fine. Going back to Gnome Software, the Back button does nothing. All other buttons and menu icons work, including the Install button (which should not really be active - it does give a "this app is already installed" error message when clicked though).

Ross Gammon (rosco2) wrote :

Today (after previous ISO rebuild), gnome-software allowed me to install a snap (picard this time), and after installation the buttons changed to launch, remove etc. I was able to launch the application, and after I quit it, the back button in gnome-software took me to the front page.

Either it was a glitch, or something was fixed for this release candidate.

Ross Gammon (rosco2) wrote :

Checking the gnome-software version on today's ISO, it did change, and is at 3.30.2-0ubuntu4. I can't tell from the changelog, or patch description in the new version, if it was the change that fixed it.

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

This is not fixed, I can still reproduce the issue by opening the details page for any app (snap or deb, installed or not), then closing gnome-software, then opening it again.

Thierry (sixdown) wrote :

Confirmed issue, with all available updates. Cannot press back button in Ubuntu Software. Closing and reopening software does not fix the issue until a reboot is performed.

Jose Andres (alvarezskinner) wrote :

Killing the gnome-software process fixes the issue without the need of rebooting.

Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → High
tags: added: rls-cc-incoming
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Olivier Tilloy (osomon)
Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

I'm seeing the following error in the logs when clicking the back button without effect:

    Gs gs_shell_go_back: assertion '!g_queue_is_empty (priv->back_entry_stack)' failed

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Upstream bug report: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/issues/505. This is supposedly fixed in gnome-software 3.30.3, but I'm not sure which commit is relevant.

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

The relevant commit is https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/commit/ca5f8e74b6f9991ae228caa2c698131a54764774, and I verified that applying it as a patch on top of gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu7 fixes the issue. In fact, with this change, when re-opening gnome-software after closing it while seeing the details of an app, the application is reset to the main screen. Which may or may not be seen as desirable, but at least it fixes the bug.

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) on 2018-10-23
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → In Progress
Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
summary: - Click on the back icon in gnome-software don't work
+ [SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work
Olivier Tilloy (osomon) on 2018-10-23
description: updated
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → In Progress
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu Cosmic):
status: Fix Committed → In Progress

Hello Per-Inge, or anyone else affected,

Accepted gnome-software into cosmic-proposed. The package will build now and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/3.30.2-0ubuntu8 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository.

Please help us by testing this new package. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation on how to enable and use -proposed. Your feedback will aid us getting this update out to other Ubuntu users.

If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug, mentioning the version of the package you tested and change the tag from verification-needed-cosmic to verification-done-cosmic. If it does not fix the bug for you, please add a comment stating that, and change the tag to verification-failed-cosmic. In either case, without details of your testing we will not be able to proceed.

Further information regarding the verification process can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification . Thank you in advance for helping!

N.B. The updated package will be released to -updates after the bug(s) fixed by this package have been verified and the package has been in -proposed for a minimum of 7 days.

Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu Cosmic):
status: In Progress → Fix Committed
tags: added: verification-needed verification-needed-cosmic
Download full text (5.1 KiB)

Tested and behaves as expected. When gnome-software is started again the
home screen is shown.

Den ons 24 okt. 2018 kl 00:41 skrev Brian Murray <email address hidden>:

> Hello Per-Inge, or anyone else affected,
>
> Accepted gnome-software into cosmic-proposed. The package will build now
> and be available at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
> software/3.30.2-0ubuntu8 in a few hours, and then in the -proposed
> repository.
>
> Please help us by testing this new package. See
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation on how
> to enable and use -proposed. Your feedback will aid us getting this
> update out to other Ubuntu users.
>
> If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug,
> mentioning the version of the package you tested and change the tag from
> verification-needed-cosmic to verification-done-cosmic. If it does not
> fix the bug for you, please add a comment stating that, and change the
> tag to verification-failed-cosmic. In either case, without details of
> your testing we will not be able to proceed.
>
> Further information regarding the verification process can be found at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification . Thank you in
> advance for helping!
>
> N.B. The updated package will be released to -updates after the bug(s)
> fixed by this package have been verified and the package has been in
> -proposed for a minimum of 7 days.
>
> ** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu Cosmic)
> Status: In Progress => Fix Committed
>
> ** Tags added: verification-needed verification-needed-cosmic
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1798053
>
> Title:
> [SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work
>
> Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Committed
> Status in gnome-software source package in Cosmic:
> Fix Committed
>
> Bug description:
> [Test Case]
>
> 1. Open gnome-software
> 2. Press Ctrl+F and type "firefox" or any string that will return results
> 3. Click any result in the list (snap package or deb, already installed
> or not, it doesn't matter)
> 4. Observe that a new page is open showing details about the application
> 5. Close gnome-software
> 6. Open gnome-software again
> 7. Observe that the application is open on the last open page (details
> view about the application)
> 8. Click the back button (top-left corner)
>
> Expected result: the application goes back to the list of search
> results (or perhaps to the home screen)
>
> Current result: nothing happens
>
> Please note that the upstream fix reverts a new behaviour and as a
> result, when opening again gnome-software at step 6, the application
> opens on the home screen instead of resuming the last open page. This
> is consistent with how gnome-software behaves in bionic. So after
> applying the patch, steps 7 and 8 can be folded into one single step:
> "Observe that the application is open on the home screen".
>
>
> [Regression Potential]
>
> Low. This is a cherry-pick of a self-contained trivial upstream commit
> that is already relea...

Read more...

Negativo Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin)

Abra qualquer aplicativo na loja e feche a loja. Em seguida, abra de novo pra ver se o ícone de voltar a página e verás que não retorna a página inicial. Simplesmente trava.

Acabei de testar novamente e o problema persiste.

Att

Edson Santos

**********************

Negative Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin)

Open any application in the store and close the store. Then open it again to see if the icon returns to the page and you will see that it does not return the homepage. It just hangs.

I just tested again and the problem persists.

Att

Edson Santos

Se abrir a loja novamente volta para mesma tela e continua travado.

Vide anexo

*******************

If you open the store again back to the same screen and still locked.

See attachment

Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin) wrote :
Download full text (4.2 KiB)

To get the new version of ubuntu/gnome-software you have to enable
"Pre-released updates" in "Developer Options" and allow all updates of
ubuntu-software.

Den ons 24 okt. 2018 kl 20:50 skrev Edson José dos Santos <
<email address hidden>>:

> Se abrir a loja novamente volta para mesma tela e continua travado.
>
> Vide anexo
>
> *******************
>
> If you open the store again back to the same screen and still locked.
>
> See attachment
>
> ** Attachment added: "Captura de tela de 2018-10-24 15-32-47.png"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1798053/+attachment/5205007/+files/Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202018-10-24%2015-32-47.png
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1798053
>
> Title:
> [SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work
>
> Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Committed
> Status in gnome-software source package in Cosmic:
> Fix Committed
>
> Bug description:
> [Test Case]
>
> 1. Open gnome-software
> 2. Press Ctrl+F and type "firefox" or any string that will return results
> 3. Click any result in the list (snap package or deb, already installed
> or not, it doesn't matter)
> 4. Observe that a new page is open showing details about the application
> 5. Close gnome-software
> 6. Open gnome-software again
> 7. Observe that the application is open on the last open page (details
> view about the application)
> 8. Click the back button (top-left corner)
>
> Expected result: the application goes back to the list of search
> results (or perhaps to the home screen)
>
> Current result: nothing happens
>
> Please note that the upstream fix reverts a new behaviour and as a
> result, when opening again gnome-software at step 6, the application
> opens on the home screen instead of resuming the last open page. This
> is consistent with how gnome-software behaves in bionic. So after
> applying the patch, steps 7 and 8 can be folded into one single step:
> "Observe that the application is open on the home screen".
>
>
> [Regression Potential]
>
> Low. This is a cherry-pick of a self-contained trivial upstream commit
> that is already released in gnome-software 3.30.3 (
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/commit/ca5f8e74b6f9991ae228caa2c698131a54764774
> ).
> As noted above, it does change the behaviour of re-opening the
> application after closing it, but it reverts it to the behaviour it had in
> bionic, so I don't think it should be considered a regression.
>
> Re-opening the application after closing it in a number of different
> situations should be thoroughly exercised to make sure that this
> doesn't introduce any functional regression.
>
>
> [Original Description]
>
> Searched for Chromium, installed Chromium (snap version), clicked
> Launched and used chromium.
> Went back to gnome-software and clicked the back button. Nothing
> happened. Restarted gnome-software and clicked the back button. Nothing
> happened.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10
> Package: gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu3 [modified:
...

Read more...

I already have the new version installed Per-Inge (per-ing-hallin

The log shows this.

att

Edson Santos

Ultima versão do Software Ubuntu Instalada vide anexo.

Latest version of Ubuntu Software Installed see attachment

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Edson Santos: can you please open a terminal, type the following command, and share its output?

    apt policy gnome-software

Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin) wrote :
Download full text (4.6 KiB)

I followed the [Test Case] and got the expected result
  "Please note that the upstream fix reverts a new behaviour and as a
  result, when opening again gnome-software at step 6, the application
  opens on the home screen instead of resuming the last open page."
These are the updates I installed:
"Start-Date: 2018-10-24 20:07:00
Commandline: aptdaemon role='role-commit-packages' sender=':1.749'
Upgrade: gnome-software-plugin-snap:amd64 (3.30.2-0ubuntu5,
3.30.2-0ubuntu8), gnome-software:amd64 (3.30.2-0ubuntu5, 3.30.2-0ubuntu8),
ubuntu-software:amd64 (3.30.2-0ubuntu5, 3.30.2-0ubuntu8),
gnome-software-common:amd64 (3.30.2-0ubuntu5, 3.30.2-0ubuntu8)
End-Date: 2018-10-24 20:07:04"

Den ons 24 okt. 2018 kl 21:51 skrev Edson José dos Santos <
<email address hidden>>:

> Ultima versão do Software Ubuntu Instalada vide anexo.
>
> Latest version of Ubuntu Software Installed see attachment
>
>
>
> ** Attachment added: "Captura de tela de 2018-10-24 16-29-16.png"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1798053/+attachment/5205022/+files/Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202018-10-24%2016-29-16.png
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1798053
>
> Title:
> [SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work
>
> Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:
> Fix Committed
> Status in gnome-software source package in Cosmic:
> Fix Committed
>
> Bug description:
> [Test Case]
>
> 1. Open gnome-software
> 2. Press Ctrl+F and type "firefox" or any string that will return results
> 3. Click any result in the list (snap package or deb, already installed
> or not, it doesn't matter)
> 4. Observe that a new page is open showing details about the application
> 5. Close gnome-software
> 6. Open gnome-software again
> 7. Observe that the application is open on the last open page (details
> view about the application)
> 8. Click the back button (top-left corner)
>
> Expected result: the application goes back to the list of search
> results (or perhaps to the home screen)
>
> Current result: nothing happens
>
> Please note that the upstream fix reverts a new behaviour and as a
> result, when opening again gnome-software at step 6, the application
> opens on the home screen instead of resuming the last open page. This
> is consistent with how gnome-software behaves in bionic. So after
> applying the patch, steps 7 and 8 can be folded into one single step:
> "Observe that the application is open on the home screen".
>
>
> [Regression Potential]
>
> Low. This is a cherry-pick of a self-contained trivial upstream commit
> that is already released in gnome-software 3.30.3 (
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/commit/ca5f8e74b6f9991ae228caa2c698131a54764774
> ).
> As noted above, it does change the behaviour of re-opening the
> application after closing it, but it reverts it to the behaviour it had in
> bionic, so I don't think it should be considered a regression.
>
> Re-opening the application after closing it in a number of different
> situations should be thoroughly exercised to make sure th...

Read more...

Download full text (3.4 KiB)

Per-Inge (per-inge-hallin)

Follow the prompted request:

gnome-software:
  Instalado: 3.30.2-0ubuntu7
  Candidato: 3.30.2-0ubuntu7
  Tabela de versão:
 *** 3.30.2-0ubuntu7 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic-updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.30.2-0ubuntu5 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic/main amd64 Packages

Obs: Em programas e atualizações / Outros programas as informações contidas são do Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 mesmo após atualização ter sido realizada e concuida com sucesso. É a isto que me refiro.

Note: In programs and updates / other programs the information contained in Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 even after updating has been performed and successfully completed. This is what I mean.

Vide anexo:

# deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 18.04 LTS _Bionic Beaver_ - Release amd64 (20180426)]/ bionic main restricted

# See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
# newer versions of the distribution.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic main restricted
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-updates main restricted

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic universe
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic universe
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-updates universe

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
## security team.
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic multiverse
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic multiverse
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-updates multiverse

## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
# deb-src http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic-backports main restricted universe multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
## 'partner' repository.
## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu cosmic partner
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu cosmic partner

# deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security main restricted
# deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security universe
# deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.co...

Read more...

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Thanks for testing and the feedback Per-Inge. I am seeing the same with the update in cosmic-proposed. I suspect Edson either didn't really install the update, or didn't restart gnome-software after installing it. Let's wait and see whether he can confirm.

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Thanks Edson. As I suspected, you didn't really install the update from cosmic-proposed. If you wish to do that, you will need to follow the instructions at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed, and then ensure that the version of gnome-software installed is 3.30.2-0ubuntu8.

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Tested in an up-to-date amd64 cosmic VM with cosmic-proposed, and version 3.30.2-0ubuntu8 of gnome-software. Verified that the fix works as advertised.

tags: added: verification-done-cosmic
removed: verification-needed-cosmic

Segui as atualizações solicitadas através de comando da versão Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS para 18.10 Cosmic normalmente e estão instaladas e concluídas com todas as atualizações fornecidas devidamente atualizadas.

Vide anexo

I followed the requested updates through the Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS command to Cosmic 18.10 usually and are installed and completed with all updates provided duly updated.

See attachment

I followed the requested updates through the Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS command to Cosmic 18.10 usually and are installed and completed with all updates provided duly updated.

See attachment

I followed the requested updates through the Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic LTS command to Cosmic 18.10 usually and are installed and completed with all updates provided duly updated.

See attachment

A ultima versão do gnome sotware instalada é esta:

The latest version of gnome software installed is this:

sudo apt install gnome-software
[sudo] senha para edson:
Lendo listas de pacotes... Pronto
Construindo árvore de dependências
Lendo informação de estado... Pronto
gnome-software is already the newest version (3.30.2-0ubuntu7).
0 pacotes atualizados, 0 pacotes novos instalados, 0 a serem removidos e 0 não atualizados.

Vide anexo:

Após indicação do amigo Olivier Tilloy (osomon) atualizei o gnome-software newest version (3.30.2-0ubuntu8) e o porblema foi resolvido.

After indicating the friend Olivier Tilloy (osomon) I updated the gnome-software newest version (3.30.2-0ubuntu8) and the problem was solved.

sudo apt install gnome-software
Lendo listas de pacotes... Pronto
Construindo árvore de dependências
Lendo informação de estado... Pronto
gnome-software is already the newest version (3.30.2-0ubuntu8).
0 pacotes atualizados, 0 pacotes novos instalados, 0 a serem removidos e 0 não atualizados.

After this update, Ubuntu Software no longer hangs on the screen and returns via the arrow on the top corner

Thank you all

Edson Santos

*****************

Após esta atualização, o Ubuntu Software não trava mais na tela e retorna através da seta de indicação no canto superior

Obrigado a todos

Edson Santos

Iain Lane (laney) on 2018-10-30
tags: removed: rls-cc-incoming
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package gnome-software - 3.30.2-0ubuntu8

---------------
gnome-software (3.30.2-0ubuntu8) cosmic; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/0001-Revert-ef15f51d.patch:
    - Fix back button not working when re-opening gnome-software after closing
      it when viewing an app's details (LP: #1798053)

 -- Olivier Tilloy <email address hidden> Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:13:49 +0200

Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Denyer (xdenyer) wrote :

Just for anyone like me finding the bug by search, the man page notes you can open gnome-software to a particular screen which works around being stuck on the last one accessed, eg:

gnome-software overview &

Timmmm (tdhutt) wrote :

The easiest workaround I found is to close it, then right-click the icon
and select "view details". I have no idea what that is supposed to do but
for some reason it opens the software centre on the updates tab, or
something like that.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018, 11:30 Denyer <<email address hidden> wrote:

> Just for anyone like me finding the bug by search, the man page notes
> you can open gnome-software to a particular screen which works around
> being stuck on the last one accessed, eg:
>
> gnome-software overview &
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (1800380).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1798053
>
> Title:
> [SRU] Click on the back icon in gnome-software doesn't work
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1798053/+subscriptions
>

賴家亨 (laichiaheng) wrote :

When will the bug fix be released to users?

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

gnome-software 3.30.2-0ubuntu8 should have made its way to cosmic-updates already, not sure why it hasn't yet.

Brian Murray (brian-murray) wrote :

@Olivier - comment #31 was really about the bug being fixed in disco, its just that the package and subsequently the changelog was copied from cosmic.

The verification of the Stable Release Update for gnome-software has completed successfully and the package has now been released to -updates. Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report. In the event that you encounter a regression using the package from -updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package gnome-software - 3.30.2-0ubuntu8

---------------
gnome-software (3.30.2-0ubuntu8) cosmic; urgency=medium

  * debian/patches/0001-Revert-ef15f51d.patch:
    - Fix back button not working when re-opening gnome-software after closing
      it when viewing an app's details (LP: #1798053)

 -- Olivier Tilloy <email address hidden> Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:13:49 +0200

Changed in gnome-software (Ubuntu Cosmic):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released

As a part of the Stable Release Updates quality process a search for Launchpad bug reports using the version of gnome-software from cosmic-proposed was performed and bug 1800286 was found. Please investigate this bug report to ensure that a regression will not be created by this SRU. In the event that this is not a regression remove the "verification-failed-cosmic" tag from this bug report and add the tag "bot-stop-nagging" to bug 1800286 (not this bug). Thanks!

tags: added: verification-failed-cosmic
Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Bug #1800286 is very unlikely to be caused by this SRU.

tags: removed: verification-failed-cosmic
Linaori (linaori) wrote :

Any update on this issue? It's 2 months later and my fresh ubuntu 18.10 installation is failing on this. Whenever I close the app on a specific page, it never wants to go back. Imagine a new user using Ubuntu for the first time, this leaves a _very_ bad impression

Olivier Tilloy (osomon) wrote :

Linaori: the fix was released with an update on 2018-11-05.
Can you please check that your system is fully up-to-date? The version of gnome-software should be 3.30.2-0ubuntu8.

To post a comment you must log in.