This bug was fixed in the package gnome-control-center - 1:2.22.1-0ubuntu3
gnome-control-center (1:2.22.1-0ubuntu3) hardy; urgency=low
* Handle the case when the screen info can't be retrieved from
XRandR. If this happens there is little we can do except inform
the user and close. It may indicate a bug in the driver, or in
this case Xgl, as it reports that it is XRandR 1.2 capable, but
it fails to provide the necessary information. (LP: #215396)
This is debian/patches/114_cc-randr12-handle_rw_screen_new_failure.patch
* Handle the case where clone mode is detected, but no screens
are reported as connected. This would cause uninitalised memory
to be used. (LP: #216676)
This is debian/patches/115_cc-randr12-fix-rebuild-gui.patch
* Handle failure to get a new screen configuration when the screen has
changed. (LP: #215396)
* Remove the "Help" button from the display capplet, as it is not
functional currently, and there is no help to provide at the moment.
This is debian/patches/117_cc-randr12-disable-help-button.patch
* Rename debian/patches/01_debian_ubuntu.patch to
debian/patches/01_remove_debian_default_applications.patch and change
it to remove the entries, rather than changing the names.
* Make the firefox entry in default applications use the firefox-3.0 icon.
-- James Westby <email address hidden> Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:01:41 +0100