Comment 316 for bug 173890

Alexander Sack wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>
>> Waiting is the first option. For those who don't want to wait, there is
>> the DIY approach. I've done the 64-bit install multiple times
>> (different systems) with no problems. YMMV.
>>
>> Long-term solutions are either to accept the periodic breakage, for
>> Ubuntu to relax the checks (which they don't want to do) or for Adobe to
>> maintain their own repository for Ubuntu, which they already do for
>> Fedora. There have been many requests to Adobe to do so, although I am
>> not aware of a positive response from the company.
>>
>> But *today* the choices are either wait for the updated package or
>> install manually.
>>
>>
>>
> we have the binaries now in a canonical archive and will fix the
> installer package to pull stuff from there. In this way no transitional
> breakage will happen anymore.
>
Can you do that? I know the problem before was that the Adobe licensing
agreement didn't allow redistribution. Did that change?

If you can, then this is clearly the best solution for the time being.