This bug was fixed in the package fglrx-installer - 2:8.801-0ubuntu1
fglrx-installer (2:8.801-0ubuntu1) natty; urgency=low
* New upstream release 8.801 (10-12).
- Add Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser.
- Do not remove diversions. Those diversions were likely installed by older
releases of the driver (since we don't use diversions any more). Any
diversion should be removed in fglrx.preinst, as it's exactly where we
remove all other diversions (LP: #566437).
- Call dpkg-trigger with --by-package=$PACKAGE_NAME.
* Add support for blacklisting card ids from GRUB gfxpayload=keep:
- In Natty gfxpayload=keep is set by default so as to provide a framebuffer
early in the boot process. Some cards don't play nicely with it, therefore
we need to blacklist them in a file. The format is a sequence of lines of
the following form:
Blacklist lines are regex-matched against a corresponding PCI ID string.
In practice this means that you can replace any part of the ID string
with .* to match anything.
-- Alberto Milone <email address hidden> Mon, 03 Jan 2011 14:00:56 +0100