Please upgrade exuberant-ctags to 5.9 SVN snapshot
Binary package hint: exuberant-ctags
The SVN repository for exuberant-ctags contains a lot of fixes since the 5.8 release. These should be included in Ubuntu.
I have contacted the upstream maintainer (dhiebert) a few days ago, asking about a new release, without any reply.
The upstream NEWS file lists:
* Added support for new "attached" and "detachable" keywords [Eiffel].
* Fixed parsing of comments after import statements and other tags, contributed by Huandari Lopez to Geany [Python].
* Fixed PHP parser to ignore keywords inside comments [PHP, Bug #1795926].
* Fixed regular expressions for Ant so they won't span multiple tags [Ant].
* Fixed infinite loop with malformed Makefiles, contributed by Martin Dorey [Make, Bug #2959889].
* Fixed Verilog parameter parsing, contributed by Nicolas Vincent [Verilog, Patch #2747828].
* Fixed error when parsing empty file [OCaml].
* Enabled Large File System support. [Bug #3062068]
There are more fixes (see ctags-changelog.txt (from SVN)).
|Changed in exuberant-ctags (Ubuntu):|
|status:||In Progress → New|
|assignee:||Daniel Hahler (blueyed) → nobody|
|Daniel Hahler (blueyed) wrote : Re: [Bug 732860] Re: Please upgrade exuberant-ctags to 5.9 SVN snapshot||#8|