Comment 19 for bug 1288182

I confirm this bug (or missing feature).

It not only affects Arabic or Hebrew characters! I tried to insert a "line
separator" (Unicode character '\u2028') into a text field of a PDF form. In
Gnome (e.g. in a Terminal) this works by pressing Ctrl+Shift+u 2 0 2 8. In
acroread it works similar (just keep pressing Ctrl+Shift while typing the
digits). Evince displays a PDF form with '\u2028' as expected. But a '\u2028'
cannot be inserted and is even removed whenever the containing text field is
edited somehow!

For details about why and how PDF forms may contain '\u2028' or '\u2029' see

( This is a copy of my comment )