Comment 196 for bug 417757

I tested the karmic-proposed package on my work machine, however, I'm still having intermittent issues with this. Since this is a work machine, I'm at the mercy of our IT department as far as routers and DNS resolution goes. I've disabled all workarounds, installed the new package and rebooted. It worked for about five minutes before going back to the same behavior I was seeing previously.

All throughout this bug report, a lot of people (developers, I'm assuming) have commented that the routers are broken and it shouldn't be on Ubuntu to fix the problem. I'm sorry, but if I go from a working version of Ubuntu (Jaunty) and upgrade, I expect everything to work equally as well, if not better, than the previous release.