Comment 128 for bug 213215

Edward (edwardtisdale-2004) wrote :

having issue burning DVDs, in processx now of ordering some brand new TDK CD-RWs no, which have worked in the past, but for some reason burning even with k3b hasn't worked for me for a while, is this all being phased out i lieu of flash drives or something? I do hope not ;)

here's the output of my k3b from 1/7/2018

-----------------------------------

Burned media
-----------------------
DVD+R

Devices
-----------------------
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H663B UO00 (/dev/sr0, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL) [DVD-ROM, DVD-R Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Jump, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite, DVD-RW Sequential, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual Layer, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [SAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96P, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16, RAW/R96P, RAW/R96R, Restricted Overwrite, Layer Jump] [%7]

System
-----------------------
K3b Version: 2.0.3
KDE Version: 4.14.16
QT Version: 4.8.7
Kernel: 4.10.0-38-generic

Used versions
-----------------------
growisofs: 7.1

growisofs
-----------------------
Executing 'builtin_dd if=/dev/fd/0 of=/dev/sr0 obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/sr0: "Current Write Speed" is 18.4x1352KBps.
          0/2868903936 ( 0.0%) @0x, remaining ??:?? RBU 100.0% UBU 0.0%
=== last message repeated 2 times. ===
     360448/2868903936 ( 0.0%) @0.1x, remaining 1459:01 RBU 100.0% UBU 76.7%
    4128768/2868903936 ( 0.1%) @0.8x, remaining 161:54 RBU 99.9% UBU 99.9%
:-[ WRITE@LBA=2950h failed with SK=5h/ASC=21h/ACQ=04h]: Invalid argument
:-( write failed: Invalid argument
/dev/sr0: flushing cache
/dev/sr0: closing track
/dev/sr0: closing disc
:-[ CLOSE DISC failed with SK=5h/CANNOT FORMAT MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM]: Wrong medium type

growisofs command:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/sr0=/dev/fd/0 -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=4gms -use-the-force-luke=tracksize:1400832 -use-the-force-luke=dao:1400832 -dvd-compat -speed=18 -use-the-force-luke=bufsize:32m