bluedevil translations not being used

Bug #658728 reported by Jonathan Riddell on 2010-10-11
12
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Translations
Medium
Unassigned
bluedevil (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
Maverick
Undecided
Jonathan Riddell
Natty
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: bluedevil

bluedevil does not load the correct translation catalogues

Jonathan Riddell (jr) wrote :
Jonathan Riddell (jr) wrote :

TEST CASE: load bluedevil-monolithic in a language other than english with the kde language packs installed and kde using that language. It will be English in the old version and should be translated in the new version.

Accepted bluedevil into maverick-proposed, the package will build now and be available in a few hours. Please test and give feedback here. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how to enable and use -proposed. Thank you in advance!

Changed in bluedevil (Ubuntu Maverick):
status: New → Fix Committed
tags: added: verification-needed
Zygmunt Krynicki (zyga) wrote :

I tested this on maverick i386 (with maverick proposed), bluedevil package version is 1.0~rc4-0ubuntu2.1

My locale has LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8

sudo apt-get install language-pack-kde-pl bluedevil
bluedevil-wizard (text corrupted slightly, not translated)
bluedevil-monolithic ("tray" icon, not translated)

So it's not fixed yet.

Rohan Garg (rohangarg) wrote :

I cant seem to see the translated text as well using the package from maverick-proposed

Jean-Baptiste Lallement (jibel) wrote :

Thanks for testing. I'm marking as verification-failed.

tags: added: verification-failed
removed: verification-needed
Changed in bluedevil (Ubuntu Maverick):
assignee: nobody → Jonathan Riddell (jr)
status: Fix Committed → In Progress
Jonathan Riddell (jr) wrote :

the testers above appear to fail because the language packs do not contain translations for bluedevil (it is untranslated upstream)

PRE TEST CASE: download language-pack-kde-XX-base where XX is your preferred language. Edit bluedevil.po and add some translations under the strings in monolithic/main.cpp ("Send File" and "Browse Devices" for example). Build and install language-pack-kde-XX-base

on running the updated bluedevil-monolithic you should now see translations

I have confirmed the new binaries work on my system

tags: added: verification-needed
removed: verification-failed
tags: added: kubuntu
Changed in bluedevil (Ubuntu Maverick):
milestone: none → maverick-updates
David Planella (dpm) wrote :

Bluedevil does contain translations for some languages.

Check out https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/bluedevil/+pots/bluedevil (click on the "Status" column to sort on translation percentage).

I guess the test can be done in any of those languages that are complete. If their translations are not in the kde language pack, this is something else we'd have to investigate

Changed in ubuntu-translations:
status: New → Incomplete
status: Incomplete → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Medium
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package bluedevil - 1.0-0ubuntu1

---------------
bluedevil (1.0-0ubuntu1) natty; urgency=low

  * New upstream release
    - Drop kubuntu_01_fix_obexdaemon_connect_crash.diff, applied upstream
  * Closes LP: #658728 "bluedevil translations not being used"
 -- Rohan Garg <email address hidden> Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:09:01 +0530

Changed in bluedevil (Ubuntu Natty):
status: New → Fix Released
Harald Sitter (apachelogger) wrote :

Works fine with translation mo file for german from launchpad.

Martin Pitt (pitti) on 2010-11-16
tags: added: verification-done
removed: verification-needed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package bluedevil - 1.0~rc4-0ubuntu2.1

---------------
bluedevil (1.0~rc4-0ubuntu2.1) maverick-proposed; urgency=low

  * Add kubuntu_02_translation_catalogues.diff from upstream, fixes name
    of translation catalogues to be loaded. LP: #658728
 -- Jonathan Riddell <email address hidden> Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:14:16 +0100

Changed in bluedevil (Ubuntu Maverick):
status: In Progress → Fix Released
Gabor Kelemen (kelemeng) on 2011-06-09
Changed in ubuntu-translations:
status: Triaged → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Bug attachments