Missing strings in Translation

Bug #684618 reported by grofaty on 2010-12-03
10
This bug affects 2 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Pytask
Wishlist
Ryan Macnish

Bug Description

It looks like your yesterday patch didn't add new translations to Translation section. I still see "toolbutton1" and "toolbutton2" in Translation.

There are also the following string missing in Translation:
1. Match All of the following
2. Match any of the following
3. Remove Task
4. drop-down list table options:
- contains
- does not contain
- starts with
- ends with

Can you please update translation file and add above strings to Translation.

Thanks

Ryan Macnish (nisshh) wrote :

Have you made sure you have the latest updates? (and have you made sure your using my PPA?) i pushed an update thismorning that added labels to those buttons.

Ryan Macnish (nisshh) on 2010-12-03
Changed in pytask:
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Wishlist
assignee: nobody → Ryan Macnish (nisshh)
grofaty (grofaty) wrote :

Ryan, I don't think this is PPA related, correct me if I am wrong. I can see new strings in Pytask. But some of the strings are still in English language. I have checked in Launchpad/Translation and there are some strings (reported in first post of this bug report) missing, so I can't translate them.

grofaty (grofaty) wrote :

"toolbutton1" and "toolbutton2" labels are correctly displayed in Pytask, but are still displayed in Launchpad/Translation. Most probably you have send updated .po files to Translation.

Ryan Macnish (nisshh) wrote :

Which translation are you using? I know my fix only works for the english version. I will mark them as translatable strings.

grofaty (grofaty) wrote :

I am using Slovenian language, but I have checked and all other languages are having exact the same problem (I have checked French, German and Spanish). The strings that are not seen in Launchpad/Translation are the strings that I have written in my first post of this bug report. Most probably you are correct that this strings has to be marked as translatable.

I have done the following. I have clicked on Translations, then selected Slovenian language, then in search box I have written "toolbutton" and pressed Enter. Two strings are displayed: "toolbutton1" and "toolbutton2" - there should be English words instead of this two 'variables' (see attached picture for details).

Ryan Macnish (nisshh) wrote :

Oh, i know what's happened, see, toolbutton1 and toolbutton2 are the names of the two widgets in glade. I added labels to the english version. So you shouldnt translate the names of the buttons (toolbutton1 and toolbutton2) but the labels themselves. All i need to do is to make it so that po knows that those strings should be translated, i will get onto this as soon as i can.

Thanks! :)

Ryan Macnish (nisshh) wrote :

Just committed some changes to trunk that should have fixed some of the strings to be translatable now, others im still working on as they come from a separate library.

Changed in pytask:
status: Triaged → In Progress
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers