cannot choose the currently selected item from bug status picker

Bug #561231 reported by Martin Pool on 2010-04-12
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
LAZR Javascript Library
Low
Unassigned
Launchpad itself
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Following on from bug 549323 and bug 412925 and bug 531963 and bug 399239: when you click on the status on importance in a bug, you cannot click on the currently selected value to dismiss the menu without making any changes. I suspect this is one significant root cause of the spurious changes in 412925: people bring up the menu, try to choose the right value, fail, then click random things until it goes away.

I think this is worth fixing. It's important, though, to make sure that the selected item is still visually distinguished from unselected ones, and that clicking it does not trigger a save event.

Māris Fogels (mars) wrote :

I would like to see it fixed too.

We should start with fixing the picker in lazr-js. I'll figure out the cleanest way to get the fix from lazr-js into Launchpad.

On 12 April 2010 14:47, Māris Fogels <email address hidden> wrote:
> I would like to see it fixed too.
>
> We should start with fixing the picker in lazr-js.  I'll figure out the
> cleanest way to get the fix from lazr-js into Launchpad.

Other than fixing the widget in lazr-js the only work necessary in
Launchpad is including arelease of the updated widget.

I'm not prioritizing the lazr-js task, since I'm reading this as mars volunteering to do the work. :-) I'll leave priorities for Gary and mars to decide then.

Changed in malone:
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Low
Māris Fogels (mars) wrote :

@deryck
Uh oh, I thought Tom was volunteering for the widget update. I was going to take on the lazr-js integration (can we update to Tom's version? Do we need to maintain a patch branch in Launchpad?). Unless, of course, Tom wants to take on that part instead :)

Deryck Hodge (deryck) wrote :

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by integration. They only work to be done here is to fix the widget in lazr-js and update Launchpad to use the latest lazr-js. We can get it scheduled sometime, but it will have to happen around other higher priority work.

Cheers,
deryck

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Deryck Hodge
<email address hidden> wrote:
> I'm not sure I follow what you mean by integration.  They only work to
> be done here is to fix the widget in lazr-js and update Launchpad to use
> the latest lazr-js.  We can get it scheduled sometime, but it will have
> to happen around other higher priority work.
>

My problem is that I have no idea how far Launchpad's version of
lazr-js has drifted from the lazr-js trunk. Not a big deal, but the
uncertainty makes me uncomfortable.

I was going to look into this as part of the integration. If they
have drifted apart, then some work may be needed to reconcile the two.

On 15 April 2010 03:35, Māris Fogels <email address hidden> wrote:
> My problem is that I have no idea how far Launchpad's version of
> lazr-js has drifted from the lazr-js trunk.  Not a big deal, but the
> uncertainty makes me uncomfortable.

AFAIK they haven't diverged at all, Launchpad closely tracks lazr-js trunk.

Paul Hummer (rockstar) on 2010-08-24
Changed in lazr-js:
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Low
Curtis Hovey (sinzui) on 2011-06-09
summary: - cannot choose the currently selected item from bug status popup
+ cannot choose the currently selected item from bug status picker
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers