Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI

OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of enblend.

Reported by Chris Brack on 2011-07-21
314
This bug affects 42 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Hugin
High
hvdwolf

Bug Description

In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.

The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.

Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.

Chris Brack (brack-is-me) wrote :
description: updated
description: updated
description: updated
description: updated

thanks for reporting.

OS X Lion is a very recent O/S and it is possible that Hugin will have to be updated to run on it. There are a number of similar reports coming in.

I am sorry but at the moment I don't have a better answer for you.

summary: - Stitching Broken in 10.7 Lion
+ OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.4 gnumake Abort trap: 6 on the third execution of
+ enblend.
Changed in hugin:
status: New → Confirmed
importance: Undecided → Critical
Yuv (yuv) on 2011-08-06
summary: - OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.4 gnumake Abort trap: 6 on the third execution of
- enblend.
+ OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.4 gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of enblend.
summary: - OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.4 gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of enblend.
+ OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
+ enblend.
hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

Please attach the error log another time. I can't download it. Launchpad somehow "lost" it.

Herzliche Grüße

Am 14.08.2011 um 20:56 schrieb hvdwolf:

> Please attach the error log another time. I can't download it. Launchpad
> somehow "lost" it.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (823560).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
> and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
> Error log attached.
>
> Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
> Hardware Info:
>
> General:
>
> Model Name: iMac
> Model Identifier: iMac5,1
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2 GHz
> Number of Processors: 1
> Total Number of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache: 4 MB
> Memory: 3 GB
> Bus Speed: 667 MHz
> Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
> SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
>
> Graphics:
>
> Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
> Type: GPU
> Bus: PCIe
> PCIe Lane Width: x16
> VRAM (Total): 128 MB
> Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
> Device ID: 0x71c5
> Revision ID: 0x0000
> ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139
> EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

Can you please run hugin again and generate the error again.
After the error please open a terminal and type "tail -50 /var/log/system.log > systemlog.txt".
This will copy the last 50 lines into the file systemlog.txt. This will will be in your home folder. I assume 50 lines are far too much, but please check if it contains gnumake info.
Could you please attach that file to this bug ticket.

Another issue could be that enblend is not compatible with Lion. gnumake calls enblend and because enblend fails, it issues an error back to gnumake. gnumake is also used in earlier stages of the process and it doesn't fail there.
So could you again switch to a terminal and type "/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version".
This will simply show you some info about enblend or enblend might crash.

mku-t (mku-t) wrote :

You can run enbled from the command line after the failed execution from within Hugin, and it will run without the abort. It is easy to copy the full command with parameters from the stiching log window.

Download full text (3.2 KiB)

thanks for the quick response, precise some things:
my hardware is:
iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2009
Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB DDR3 1067 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Lion Software Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)

I proceeded to run the command "/ Applications / Hugin.app / Contents
/ MacOS / enblend-v - version" Hugin open, but without the process
running, the file is called hugin-01.txt, after I loaded the jpg
pictures, and I launched the process as per attached file hugin-01.jpg
the process is blocked, I ran the command: "tail -50 / var / log /
system.log systemlog.txt" systemlog.txt attach the file, I proceeded
to run the command: "/ Applications / Hugin.app / contents / MacOS /
enblend-v - version "I attach the file-02.txt hugin, I proceeded to
copy the contents of the dialog box and attach the file hugin
hugin-assemblaggio.txt, attach photos used for the test.

Thank you.
Hello
Fabio Montagnani

2011/8/16 hvdwolf <email address hidden>:
> Can you please run hugin again and generate the error again.
> After the error please open a terminal and type "tail -50 /var/log/system.log > systemlog.txt".
> This will copy the last 50 lines into the file systemlog.txt. This will will be in your home folder. I assume 50 lines are far too much, but please check if it contains gnumake info.
> Could you please attach that file to this bug ticket.
>
> Another issue could be that enblend is not compatible with Lion. gnumake calls enblend and because enblend fails, it issues an error back to gnumake. gnumake is also used in earlier stages of the process and it doesn't fail there.
> So could you again switch to a terminal and type "/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version".
> This will simply show you some info about enblend or enblend might crash.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (821150).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
>  OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
>  enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
>  Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
>  In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
>  and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
>  The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
>  Error log attached.
>
>  Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
>  Hardware Info:
>
>    General:
>
>    Model Name: iMac
>    Model Identifier:   iMac5,1
>    Processor Name:     Intel Core 2 Duo
>    Processor Speed:    2 GHz
>    Number of Processors:       1
>    Total Number of Cores:      2
>    L2 Cache:   4 MB
>    Memory:     3 GB
>    Bus Speed:  667 MHz
>    Boot ROM Version:   IM51.0090.B09
>    SMC Version (system):       1.8f2
>
>    Graphics:
>
>    Chipset Model:      ATY,RadeonX1600
>    Type:       GPU
>    Bus:        PCIe
>    PCIe Lane Width:    x16
>    VRAM (Total):       128 MB
>    Vendor:     ATI (0x1002)
>    Device ID:  0x71c5
>    Revision ID:        0x0000
>    ROM Revision:       113-xxxxxx-139
>    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+b...

Read more...

montagnanif (montagnani-fabio) wrote :
Download full text (6.4 KiB)

Hi I proceeded to do a test using the procedure of batch processing,
but the result is not changed, I attach the text of the error:

===========================================================================
*************** Panorama makefile generated by Hugin ***************
===========================================================================
System information
===========================================================================
Software:

    System Software Overview:

      System Version: Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)
      Kernel Version: Darwin 11.0.0
      Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
      Boot Mode: Normal
      Computer Name: iMac di Fabio Montagnani
      User Name: Fabio Montagnani (fabiomontagnani)
      Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
      64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
      Time since boot: 39 minutes

Hardware:

    Hardware Overview:

      Model Name: iMac
      Model Identifier: iMac10,1
      Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed: 3,06 GHz
      Number of Processors: 1
      Total Number of Cores: 2
      L2 Cache: 3 MB
      Memory: 8 GB
      Bus Speed: 1,07 GHz
      Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00
      SMC Version (system): 1.52f9
      Serial Number (system): W8002779B9U
      Hardware UUID: 61F69984-AB7E-5EE2-A883-F33D5CAFF38D

Disc usage
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/disk0s2 931Gi 93Gi 838Gi 10% /
devfs 193Ki 193Ki 0Bi 100% /dev
map -hosts 0Bi 0Bi 0Bi 100% /net
map auto_home 0Bi 0Bi 0Bi 100% /home
/dev/disk1s2 931Gi 912Gi 19Gi 98% /Volumes/MAC
/dev/disk2s2 931Gi 701Gi 230Gi 75% /Volumes/MAC 2
/dev/disk3s1 1.8Ti 603Gi 1.2Ti 32% /Volumes/ALE_2T
/dev/disk4s1 3.8Gi 1.7Gi 2.1Gi 44% /Volumes/NIKON D300
===========================================================================
Output options
===========================================================================
Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 built by Harry van der Wolf
Project file: /var/folders/wf/xg2s84y922dggz3cdl802fmr0000gn/T/huginpto_k3rzae
Output prefix: _FAB6861_export-_FAB6864_export
Projection: Rectilinear (0)
Field of view: 88 x 76
Canvas dimensions: 1506 x 1219
Crop area: (57,35) - (1465,1101)
Output exposure value: 2.16
Selected outputs
Normal panorama
* Blended panorama
* Remapped images
===========================================================================
Input images
===========================================================================
Number of images in project file: 4
Number of active images: 4
Image 0: /Volumes/MAC/unione_appoggio/360/fullsize/_FAB6861_export.jpg
Image 0: Size 680x1024, Exposure: 3.00
Image 1: /Volumes/MAC/unione_appoggio/360/fullsize/_FAB6862_export.jpg
Image 1: Size 680x1024, Exposure: 3.02
Image 2: /Volumes/MAC/unione_appoggio/360/fullsize/_FAB6863_export.jpg
Image 2: Size 680x1024, Exposure: 1.85
Image 3: /Volumes/MAC/unione_appoggio/360/fullsize/_FAB6864_export.jpg
Image 3: Size 680x1024, Exposure: 0.78
===========================================================================
Testing programs
==============================================================...

Read more...

Matt Craig (mattwcraig) wrote :

The system log is attached; it isn't exactly 50 lines but contains all of the hugin/enblend related messages. There were no messages from gnumake.

The crash file will be attached in a moment.

Incidentally, both were run on 10.7.1 (upgraded an hour ago).

Running "/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version" produced version information with no errors.

Matt Craig (mattwcraig) wrote :
Matt Craig (mattwcraig) wrote :

Did some more testing tonight.

Much more to report...enblend does not *always* fail, even when run from the gui. Command line does not always work contrary to Mikko Kuutti's report above.

Details:

GUI or command line:
Even starting from the same set of images the crash does not always occur at the same time (i.e. in my set of 17 images it sometimes crashed after 2, sometiems 4, sometimes 8, etc).

GUI:
I took a set of images and opened them in hugin. Creating the panorama crashed while running enblend with the abort trap: 6 error. Rerunning "Create panorama" will eventually generate the panaorama, though, if you try enough times. Sometimes it took only two, sometimes as many as 6 or 7.

In at least a couple cases, when the PTBatcherGUI had a few bad builds in it, hugin successfully created the panorama on the first try. By "couple cases" I mean I made several duplicates of a folder containing a set of images, opened hugin and loaded the images from one of the folders, tried stitching until it worked, then closed hugin and tried again in a different folder, and sometimes the stitching worked right on the first try.

There didn't seem to be much consistency: some times the second try worked, oftentimes not, but eventually it always stitched. Once it stitched once, it was likely to stitch again in the same hugin session (i.e. clicking "Create panorama...: again after a success was often, but not always, successful").

Command line: I believe that Mikko Kuutti was seeing the "eventualy enblend will succeed" behavior. When I copied all of the tif files generated by nona to a clean directory and ran the enblend command from the PTBatchGUI log from the command line it failed. Running it again and again eventually succeeded. And, on occasion, pasting the command into a terminal window right after the GUI failed did build the panorama as Mikko Kuutti reported.

I've attached the output to the terminal from repeated runs of the enblend command; enblend does not always generate the same error, and one of them is perhaps more useful than the others:

enblend(3820,0x7fff7afd1960) malloc: *** error for object 0x10d800148: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap: 6

In one of the runs it threw
Segmentation fault: 11
instead of the abort trap error.

Just to be clear, the attached file was run in a directory that already contained the tifs generated by nona, and copies of the original jpg images.

mku-t (mku-t) wrote :

I can verify that I have been seeing a "mostly enblend will succeed from the command line" behaviour. It does sometimes fail, but hasn't ever done so twice in a row for me.
This kind of flaky performance leads me to think it may be a memory allocation issue. What else could change between runs?

montagnanif (montagnani-fabio) wrote :

Hi, I do not know what to say, I tried with many sets of photos, but
the result is not changed.
I look forward to the speedy resolution of the problem.
Thank you all, later I try to do other tests.

Hello
Fabio

2011/8/17 mku-t <email address hidden>:
> I can verify that I have been seeing a "mostly enblend will succeed from the command line" behaviour. It does sometimes fail, but hasn't ever done so twice in a row for me.
> This kind of flaky performance leads me to think it may be a memory allocation issue. What else could change between runs?
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (821150).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
>  OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
>  enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
>  Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
>  In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
>  and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
>  The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
>  Error log attached.
>
>  Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
>  Hardware Info:
>
>    General:
>
>    Model Name: iMac
>    Model Identifier:   iMac5,1
>    Processor Name:     Intel Core 2 Duo
>    Processor Speed:    2 GHz
>    Number of Processors:       1
>    Total Number of Cores:      2
>    L2 Cache:   4 MB
>    Memory:     3 GB
>    Bus Speed:  667 MHz
>    Boot ROM Version:   IM51.0090.B09
>    SMC Version (system):       1.8f2
>
>    Graphics:
>
>    Chipset Model:      ATY,RadeonX1600
>    Type:       GPU
>    Bus:        PCIe
>    PCIe Lane Width:    x16
>    VRAM (Total):       128 MB
>    Vendor:     ATI (0x1002)
>    Device ID:  0x71c5
>    Revision ID:        0x0000
>    ROM Revision:       113-xxxxxx-139
>    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions
>

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

Inside the dmg you can also find a folder enblend-enfuse-4.0. These contain the enblend and enfuse version for Tiger. They are "simpler" ones without using the openmp options as Tiger doesn't support openmp.
Could you try these tiger versions on Lion. Read the Readme for instructions.

I'm wondering if something is going wrong in the openmp/multi-threading part of enblend.

Hi, don´t call me a fool but both trials didn´t work IMHO:

1. no gnumake info
tried to encrease up to -550
see file attached

2. no enblend found!?!?!?

EMRimac:~ ernstmichaelreicher$ /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version
-bash: /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend: No such file or directory

??????

Herzliche Grüße

Am 16.08.2011 um 11:20 schrieb hvdwolf:

> Can you please run hugin again and generate the error again.
> After the error please open a terminal and type "tail -50 /var/log/system.log > systemlog.txt".
> This will copy the last 50 lines into the file systemlog.txt. This will will be in your home folder. I assume 50 lines are far too much, but please check if it contains gnumake info.
> Could you please attach that file to this bug ticket.
>
> Another issue could be that enblend is not compatible with Lion. gnumake calls enblend and because enblend fails, it issues an error back to gnumake. gnumake is also used in earlier stages of the process and it doesn't fail there.
> So could you again switch to a terminal and type "/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version".
> This will simply show you some info about enblend or enblend might crash.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (823560).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
> and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
> Error log attached.
>
> Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
> Hardware Info:
>
> General:
>
> Model Name: iMac
> Model Identifier: iMac5,1
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2 GHz
> Number of Processors: 1
> Total Number of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache: 4 MB
> Memory: 3 GB
> Bus Speed: 667 MHz
> Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
> SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
>
> Graphics:
>
> Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
> Type: GPU
> Bus: PCIe
> PCIe Lane Width: x16
> VRAM (Total): 128 MB
> Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
> Device ID: 0x71c5
> Revision ID: 0x0000
> ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139
> EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

Ernst M. Reicher (e-reicher) wrote :

Checking nona...[OK]
Checking enblend...[OK]
Checking enfuse...[OK]
Checking hugin_hdrmerge...[OK]
Checking exiftool...[OK]
/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/nona -z PACKBITS -r ldr -m TIFF_m -o test -i 0 /var/folders/bh/h214ms8j0b1fl4bw6855_ml80000gn/T/huginpto_K8K3Dg
/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/nona -z PACKBITS -r ldr -m TIFF_m -o test -i 1 /var/folders/bh/h214ms8j0b1fl4bw6855_ml80000gn/T/huginpto_K8K3Dg
/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/nona -z PACKBITS -r ldr -m TIFF_m -o test -i 2 /var/folders/bh/h214ms8j0b1fl4bw6855_ml80000gn/T/huginpto_K8K3Dg
/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/nona -z PACKBITS -r ldr -m TIFF_m -o test -i 3 /var/folders/bh/h214ms8j0b1fl4bw6855_ml80000gn/T/huginpto_K8K3Dg
/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend --compression NONE -f5434x1571 -o test.tif test0000.tif test0001.tif test0002.tif test0003.tif
enblend: info: loading next image: test0000.tif 1/1
enblend: info: loading next image: test0001.tif 1/1
enblend: info: loading next image: test0002.tif 1/1
enblend: info: loading next image: test0003.tif 1/1
gnumake: *** [test.tif] Abort trap: 6
gnumake: *** Deleting file `test.tif'

Herzliche Grüße

Am 14.08.2011 um 20:56 schrieb hvdwolf:

> Please attach the error log another time. I can't download it. Launchpad
> somehow "lost" it.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (823560).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
> and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
> Error log attached.
>
> Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
> Hardware Info:
>
> General:
>
> Model Name: iMac
> Model Identifier: iMac5,1
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2 GHz
> Number of Processors: 1
> Total Number of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache: 4 MB
> Memory: 3 GB
> Bus Speed: 667 MHz
> Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
> SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
>
> Graphics:
>
> Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
> Type: GPU
> Bus: PCIe
> PCIe Lane Width: x16
> VRAM (Total): 128 MB
> Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
> Device ID: 0x71c5
> Revision ID: 0x0000
> ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139
> EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

Ernst M. Reicher (e-reicher) wrote :

found enblend crash report....

Regards,
        Ernst

Am 14.08.2011 um 20:56 schrieb hvdwolf:

> Please attach the error log another time. I can't download it. Launchpad
> somehow "lost" it.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (823560).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a while,
> and then it stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The error occurs regardless of the number of images in the project.
>
> Error log attached.
>
> Hugin Version: 2011.0.1 (Error also occurs in version 2010.2.0)
>
> Hardware Info:
>
> General:
>
> Model Name: iMac
> Model Identifier: iMac5,1
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2 GHz
> Number of Processors: 1
> Total Number of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache: 4 MB
> Memory: 3 GB
> Bus Speed: 667 MHz
> Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
> SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
>
> Graphics:
>
> Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
> Type: GPU
> Bus: PCIe
> PCIe Lane Width: x16
> VRAM (Total): 128 MB
> Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
> Device ID: 0x71c5
> Revision ID: 0x0000
> ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139
> EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

Matt Craig (mattwcraig) wrote :

Good news--the tiger version version of enblend runs without any problems on Lion. I tried it on three different sets of pics, and at the command line several times without errors.

Fusing works too (using the standard enfuse in RC3).

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

>2. no enblend found!?!?!?
>
>EMRimac:~ ernstmichaelreicher$ /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend -v --version
>-bash: /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend: No such file or directory
>

Sorry. I forgot you are on an older version. The path should be as below:

/Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/Resources/HuginStitchProject.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend

>Good news--the tiger version version of enblend runs without any problems on Lion.
>I tried it on three different sets of pics, and at the command line several times without errors.
>
>Fusing works too (using the standard enfuse in RC3).

This confirms what I was already afraid of. It means that the openmp setup has been changed from (Snow)Leopard to Lion. That's the reason why the normal enblend crashes and the "old" Tiger enblend functions OK. The only "issue" in using the "old" Tiger enblend is that it doesn't make use of multiple cores when available. In a dual-core machine it will improve performance by 10-15%. On a quad-core machine it will improve performance by about 30-40%. Note that this is only the enblend step.

At least we have a work-around now.
enfuse is not an openmp binary. That's why ity simply functions.

Yuv (yuv) wrote :

Thank you all for investigating and nailing the bug. Seems to be a threading issue in Enblend. Might be a change in the OS X scheduler from 10.6 to 10.7; or a change in the OpenMP runtime of OS X from 10.6 zo 10.7; or a bug in either OpenMP or Enblend. I have posted bug 830053 in Enblend with the summary.

Changed in hugin:
importance: Critical → High
description: updated
description: updated
xoco (arthur.ivanov) wrote :

workaround:

download enblend itself
http://sourceforge.net/projects/enblend/files/enblend-enfuse/enblend-enfuse-4.0/enblend-enfuse-4.0-mac.tar.gz/download

there 2 binary enblend and enblend-openmp

copy enblend (not openmp) to /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend

enjoy

Works fine now. Awesome, thank you very much!

Ed

On Sep 8, 2011, at 8:40 PM, xoco wrote:

> workaround:
>
> download enblend itself
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/enblend/files/enblend-enfuse/enblend-enfuse-4.0/enblend-enfuse-4.0-mac.tar.gz/download
>
> there 2 binary enblend and enblend-openmp
>
> copy enblend (not openmp) to
> /Applications/Hugin.app/Contents/MacOS/enblend
>
> enjoy
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (837542).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a
> while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X
> 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.
>
> Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

Justin Avery (justincavery) wrote :

I've tried the enblend fix mentioned above but my stitch still fails.

I've tried with both tiff and jpg compression, attached are the logs

Justin Avery (justincavery) wrote :

And the JPG Error log

Nestor (nestorph) wrote :

I repointed the enblend and enfuse modules to the Tiger versions and it works.
Thanks
Nestor

On Sep 18, 2011, at 10:29 PM, Justin Avery wrote:

And the JPG Error log

** Attachment added: "JPG Stitch Error Log"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+attachment/2424873/+files/lion%20stitch

--
You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
duplicate bug report (845219).
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280

Title:
 OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
 enblend.

Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
 Confirmed

Bug description:
 In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a
 while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.

 The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X
 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.

 Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions

tmodes (tmodes) wrote :

@Justin

Your error is a different one and completely unrelated to the bug in this ticket.
In your case the experimental gpu code in nona is crashing. Deactivate gpu remapping in the preferences and try again.

JS (j5) wrote :

I already commented on Bug #830053, but let's spam here as well.

It seem that all OpenMP applications randomly crash on Mac OS X Lion. See https://plus.google.com/101546077160053841119/posts/9h35WKKqffL for more information.

Therefore this bug is most likely completely unrelated to Hugin/Enblend. Disabling OpenMP is the only workaround that I know of.

Moi même (moi-t) wrote :

Hey all,

According to the latest comment on the G+ thread mentioned above, compiling OpenMP with the latest Gcc version fixes this.
Would someone in charge give it a shot plz ?

Hal Vaughan (hal-halblog) wrote :

I'd like to add that I downloaded the lastest version (as of 1/16/2012) and ran into this same issue on Lion, but after it happened, I cannot run Panorama at all. I deleted it from the Applications folder and re-installed and it still won't run. If I run it from the command line, I get:

input file is /Users/hal/Desktop/Temp/Panorama/DSC_0272-DSC_0283.pto
2012-01-17 21:05:36.286 HuginStitchProject[91589:2203] CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/CoreServices/CommonCocoaPanels.bundle' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

It seems, even after deleting and re-installing, it wants to load the same project (which either it, or I, had saved). I can attach the other crash report if it'll help.

I've programmed in Java and Perl and did some C++ a good while back (all on Linux - but have forgotten all I knew about C++ by now), but if someone wants to lend me a hand, I can compile versions on Lion if that'll help.

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

I published a new bundle for which I compiled the x86_64 part of enblend and enfuse with gcc 4.6.2.
Please try

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

To Hal Vaughan:
- first option: Please reset your preferences to Default.
Second option (if the first doesn't work): delete all instances of your hugin preferences from you home folder. You will find them in Library/Preferences.

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) on 2012-01-20
Changed in hugin:
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
assignee: nobody → hvdwolf (hvdwolf)
Will Wolf (williamabrwolf) wrote :

Can somebody kindly explain how to run enblend in Terminal after this error occurs? I downloaded it, but know very about using the Terminal. A copy-and-pasteable line of code would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Will

Please read the readme coming with 2010.2. It mentions that you can't use
the builtin enblend, at all.
You should use the Tiger version (or update to the latest development
build).
Read on the readme how you use the Tiger version. In that case you don't
need the command line.
If you want to use the command line read
http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell

Harry

Op 11 februari 2012 03:40 schreef Will Wolf <email address hidden> het
volgende:

> Can somebody kindly explain how to run enblend in Terminal after this
> error occurs? I downloaded it, but know very about using the Terminal.
> A copy-and-pasteable line of code would be great!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Will
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a
> while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X
> 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.
>
> Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions
>

--
Hugin development bundles for Mac OS
X<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=Hugin&texttag=Hugin>
ImageFuser for Mac OS X <http://imagefuser.sourceforge.net/>
KImageFuser for
Linux<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=KImageFuser&texttag=KImagefuser>

Will Wolf (williamabrwolf) wrote :

Harry,

Still can't figure this out. If you might be able to provide a very
easy, comprehensive set of instructions, that would be much
appreciated. Alternatively, If I'm just being the whiney kid who
doesn't feel like putting in the effort, well, let me know!

Many thanks in advance,

Will

On 2/13/12, hvdwolf <email address hidden> wrote:
> Please read the readme coming with 2010.2. It mentions that you can't use
> the builtin enblend, at all.
> You should use the Tiger version (or update to the latest development
> build).
> Read on the readme how you use the Tiger version. In that case you don't
> need the command line.
> If you want to use the command line read
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell
>
> Harry
>
>
> Op 11 februari 2012 03:40 schreef Will Wolf <email address hidden> het
> volgende:
>
>> Can somebody kindly explain how to run enblend in Terminal after this
>> error occurs? I downloaded it, but know very about using the Terminal.
>> A copy-and-pasteable line of code would be great!
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Will
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are a bug assignee.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>>
>> Title:
>> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
>> enblend.
>>
>> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
>> Fix Released
>>
>> Bug description:
>> In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a
>> while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.
>>
>> The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X
>> 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.
>>
>> Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.
>>
>> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions
>>
>
>
> --
> Hugin development bundles for Mac OS
> X<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=Hugin&texttag=Hugin>
> ImageFuser for Mac OS X <http://imagefuser.sourceforge.net/>
> KImageFuser for
> Linux<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=KImageFuser&texttag=KImagefuser>
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to a
> duplicate bug report (929402).
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/814280
>
> Title:
> OSX 10.7 Hugin 2010.2 and later. gnumake Abort trap: 6 on execution of
> enblend.
>
> Status in Hugin - Panorama Tools GUI:
> Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> In Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the stitching process runs smoothly for a
> while, then Enblend or Enfuse stops abruptly with an error.
>
> The workaround is to use the Enblend and Enfuse versions for Mac OS X
> 10.4 Tiger that are inside the dmg in the enblend-enfuse-4.0 folder.
>
> Bug 830053 has been reported to Enblend.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin/+bug/814280/+subscriptions
>

--
William Wolf
Penn State University Schreyer Honors College '11
Industrial Engineering and Mathematics

Currently on a Year-Long Round-the-World Backpacking Trip; Peep the
blog, Will's Blog of Travel and Life: willw9.blogspot.com

Matthias Fechner (idefix-b) wrote :

Thanks, replacing the enblend described in comment #21 solved it for me.

Chirayu Krishnappa (chirayuk) wrote :

The instructions from comment #21 fixed this bug for me. OS X 10.7.3.

Thanks.

Martin Andersen (msandersen) wrote :

Just conforming that I encountered this on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion using Hugin 2011.4.0, the latest of this date. I got the Trap 6 error from enblend on repeated runs in the Hugin GUI, and once in the terminal. On about the 4th run in the GUI, it stitched fine. I have not tried the Tiger builds of enblend as of yet.
My iMac is an early 2008 Core2 Duo model with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card.

Martin Andersen (msandersen) wrote :

There doesn't seem to be much activity on the enblend bug, the last comment noted that compiling with gcc 4.6 solved it for Blender. hvdwolf says above that he's compiled a new bundle, but I don't know where to download it from.

hvdwolf (hvdwolf) wrote :

2012/8/30 Martin Andersen <email address hidden>

> There doesn't seem to be much activity on the enblend bug, the last
> comment noted that compiling with gcc 4.6 solved it for Blender. hvdwolf
> says above that he's compiled a new bundle, but I don't know where to
> download it from.
>
>

You can download it from:
http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=Hugin&texttag=Hugin

Harry

Evan (nefar-i) wrote :

Using the workaround is still good. Thanks for that.

To post a comment you must log in.