gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()

Bug #339317 reported by Steve Markgraf on 2009-03-07
146
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
gnome-app-install
Undecided
Unassigned
gnome-app-install (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: gnome-app-install

I just browsed around in the application browser in some categories, and then clicked on "All" to return to the complete list. This is when the crash happened.

System is up-to-date as of reporting time.

ProblemType: Crash
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.6
Package: gnome-app-install 0.5.21-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/gnome-app-install']
SourcePackage: gnome-app-install
Title: gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()
Traceback:
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/AppInstall/AppInstall.py", line 1286, in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed
     item.applications.set_sort_column_id(sort_column, sort_type)
 TypeError: an integer is required
Uname: Linux 2.6.28-8-generic i686
UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

Severin Heiniger (severinh) wrote :

I can confirm this bug.

stop sending me reports.

2009/3/17 Severin Heiniger <email address hidden>:
> I can confirm this bug.
>
> --
> gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/339317
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to gnome-
> app-install in ubuntu.
>
> Status in The gnome application installer: New
> Status in “gnome-app-install” source package in Ubuntu: New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: gnome-app-install
>
> I just browsed around in the application browser in some categories, and then clicked on "All" to return to the complete list. This is when the crash happened.
>
> System is up-to-date as of reporting time.
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.6
> Package: gnome-app-install 0.5.21-0ubuntu1
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
> ProcEnviron:
>  LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
>  SHELL=/bin/bash
> PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/gnome-app-install']
> SourcePackage: gnome-app-install
> Title: gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()
> Traceback:
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/AppInstall/AppInstall.py", line 1286, in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed
>     item.applications.set_sort_column_id(sort_column, sort_type)
>  TypeError: an integer is required
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-8-generic i686
> UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
>

Steve Markgraf (steve-m) on 2009-03-18
Changed in gnome-app-install:
status: New → Confirmed
status: New → Confirmed
delinux (denizerdogann) wrote :

when I select other section and it shown an error on add/remove application

Vadim Peretokin (vperetokin) wrote :

Confirmed. Just browsing using the treeview on the left does it.

ikenting (i-kenting) wrote :

ok.I got it .

2009/3/21 Vadim Peretokin <email address hidden>

> Confirmed. Just browsing using the treeview on the left does it.
>
> --
> gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in
> on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/339317
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in The gnome application installer: Confirmed
> Status in “gnome-app-install” source package in Ubuntu: Confirmed
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: gnome-app-install
>
> I just browsed around in the application browser in some categories, and
> then clicked on "All" to return to the complete list. This is when the crash
> happened.
>
> System is up-to-date as of reporting time.
>
> ProblemType: Crash
> Architecture: i386
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
> ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
> InterpreterPath: /usr/bin/python2.6
> Package: gnome-app-install 0.5.21-0ubuntu1
> PackageArchitecture: all
> ProcCmdline: /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/gnome-app-install
> ProcEnviron:
> LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> PythonArgs: ['/usr/bin/gnome-app-install']
> SourcePackage: gnome-app-install
> Title: gnome-app-install crashed with TypeError in
> on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed()
> Traceback:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/AppInstall/AppInstall.py", line
> 1286, in on_treeview_categories_cursor_changed
> item.applications.set_sort_column_id(sort_column, sort_type)
> TypeError: an integer is required
> Uname: Linux 2.6.28-8-generic i686
> UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
>

--
from ikenting

Michael Kogan (michael-kogan) wrote :

I can't reproduce it any more, seems to be fixed.

I can't reproduce it any more :

engish: me too, i think it's fixed.
french: moi non plus, je pense que c'est résolu.

bye.

Le vendredi 01 mai 2009 à 10:17 +0000, Photon a écrit :
> I can't reproduce it any more, seems to be fixed.
>

Phillip Susi (psusi) wrote :

This package has been removed from Ubuntu. Closing all related bugs.

Changed in gnome-app-install (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Invalid
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers