Comment 3 for bug 925776

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Dan Scott <email address hidden> wrote:
> As I understand it, this is not restricted to bibs with located URIs and
> no copies.  In the staff client, _any_ active, non-deleted bib record
> that matches the search terms will be displayed. Those that don't have
> copies in the search scope get greyed out.

This doesn't seem to be the case for me. In a master version of EG, I
created 3 bibs, titled purple 1, purple 2, and purple 3.

I gave purple 1 one item at BR1.
I gave purple 2 one item at BR2.
I gave purple 3 no items.

My workstation library is BR1, so my staff OPAC defaults to Branch scope at BR1.

I search for purple and I get purple 1 and purple 3 (grayed out). No
sign of purple 2. If that's the behavior we want to keep, I'd expect
for OU-targeted URI's to behave the same as items.

With the TPAC, my default is Consortium, so I see all of them. In my
mind, searching at Consortium is the solution to the visibility
problem. I'm tempted to say we should make it where all grayed out
bibs only show up when searching at the Consortium.