MARC Batch Editor summary table html problems

Bug #1545226 reported by Josh Stompro on 2016-02-13
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Evergreen
Medium
Unassigned

Bug Description

EG 2.8.4

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/perlmods/lib/OpenILS/WWW/TemplateBatchBibUpdate.pm;hb=HEAD#l298

The table definition for the summary of results has an incorrect html table definition, which makes the output look strange.

For the first row, <th> should be <tr> and the <td>'s should be <th>'s.

        <table style="width:100%; margin-top:100px;">
            <th>
                <td>Status</td>
                <td>Record Count</td>
            </th>
            <tr>
                <td>Success</td>
                <td id='success_count'></td>

Josh

Working Branch at: user/stompro/lp1545226_marc_batch_editor_status
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/stompro/lp1545226_marc_batch_editor_status

I found a few more issues once I started looking into it.

 - Fixed table html
 - Changed table so it isn't trying to fill the whole screen.
 - Added borders and other styling.
 - Added color for failed records (red) and for completion (green).
 - Added a row with total number of records.
 - Changed progress bar so it shows the progress. It was plumbed to show the progress, but then marked as indeterminate, so no progress was shown.

To test.
 1. On unmodified system use the marc batch editor to update some records. Make note of how the results screen looks.
 2. After fix is applied try the same thing and see what the results screen looks like.

Josh

tags: added: pullrequest
Ben Shum (bshum) wrote :

Targeting towards 2.10-beta milestone.

Changed in evergreen:
milestone: none → 2.10-beta
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Medium
Ben Shum (bshum) wrote :

We may want to backport this, but with all the changes in the language too, I might be more cautious.

Changed in evergreen:
assignee: nobody → Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u)
Galen Charlton (gmc) on 2016-03-02
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Jennifer Pringle (jpringle-u) → Galen Charlton (gmc)
Galen Charlton (gmc) wrote :

Pushed to master. Thanks, Josh!

I have no objection if somebody else wants to backport it, but this is more of a minor UI improvement than a bugfix per se. I also note that OpenILS::WWW::TemplateBatchBibUpdate is not (to say the least) handling I18N correctly, but that's not the fault of Josh's patch.

Changed in evergreen:
status: Triaged → Fix Committed
tags: added: rm-to-write-notes
Changed in evergreen:
assignee: Galen Charlton (gmc) → nobody
Changed in evergreen:
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers