Comment 9 for bug 717166

C de-Avillez (hggdh2) wrote :

Here you go:

ubuntu@cempedak:/var/log$ ~/getifaddrs
INTERFACE=lo SCRUBBEDINTERFACE=lo ADDR=127.0.0.1
INTERFACE=eth0:metadata SCRUBBEDINTERFACE=eth0 ADDR=169.254.169.254
INTERFACE=eth0 SCRUBBEDINTERFACE=eth0 ADDR=10.55.55.2
INTERFACE=eth0:priv SCRUBBEDINTERFACE=eth0 ADDR=172.19.1.1
INTERFACE=eth0:pub SCRUBBEDINTERFACE=eth0 ADDR=10.55.55.100

This specific test rig has been running for a few days now. Today the CLC/CC/SC/Walrus had a dist-upgrade done, and rebooted some times, due to a different test. After This other test, I went in to run the getifaddrs as you asked. I got the output above, and -- to my surprise -- it seems now we do get an IP address on the instances.

BUT the log entries still show that Euca's DHCPD startup failed. Since I do not believe in magic, I and re-checking this all.