ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker

Bug #933816 reported by Justin
6
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Zeitgeist Extensions
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

from pympler.tracker import ClassTracker

gives

ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker

Please find attached a patch to correct the paths.

Revision history for this message
Justin (jlec) wrote :
Revision history for this message
Seif Lotfy (seif) wrote : Re: [Zeitgeist] [Bug 933816] Re: ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker

Hey, What are you hacking on if I may ask?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Justin <email address hidden> wrote:

> ** Patch added: "tracker patch"
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/933816/+attachment/2746701/+files/zeitgeist-extensions-0.0.13-python.patch
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Zeitgeist
> Extensions, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Extensions.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/933816
>
> Title:
> ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker
>
> Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> from pympler.tracker import ClassTracker
>
> gives
>
>
> ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker
>
>
> Please find attached a patch to correct the paths.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zeitgeist-extensions/+bug/933816/+subscriptions
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zeitgeist
> Post to : <email address hidden>
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zeitgeist
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
>

Revision history for this message
Justin (jlec) wrote :

You mean system wise?
Gentoo Linux with pympler 0.2.0. I also tested latest trunk and the 0.1 tag from svn.

Revision history for this message
Seif Lotfy (seif) wrote : Re: [Bug 933816] Re: ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker

most of these extensions are useless now since we ported to vala

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Justin <email address hidden> wrote:

> You mean system wise?
> Gentoo Linux with pympler 0.2.0. I also tested latest trunk and the 0.1
> tag from svn.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to The
> Zeitgeist Project.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/933816
>
> Title:
> ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker
>
> Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> from pympler.tracker import ClassTracker
>
> gives
>
>
> ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker
>
>
> Please find attached a patch to correct the paths.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/zeitgeist-extensions/+bug/933816/+subscriptions
>

Revision history for this message
Manish Sinha (मनीष सिन्हा) (manishsinha) wrote : Re: [Zeitgeist] [Bug 933816] Re: ImportError: cannot import name ClassTracker

Hello Justin,

Right now zeitgeist has been ported to vala and those extensions need
to be ported to vala. Even after being ported to vala, they will not
run now since the necessary development headers are not exposed by the
engine right now.

If you want to work on it, it would be great. Seif and others are
working on fts stablization and I was planning to work on exposing the
necessary headers for extensions

Revision history for this message
Justin (jlec) wrote :

Hi Manish,

I would really like to work on it, but I am a scientist and my programming skills are far away from what I need for this job. I am the gentoo packer of the zeitgeist stuff, that why I hit this error.
So I really like to work with you together to bring it in here and test what ever you have. Which components don't work beside the extensions in the moment?

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers