full screen wine apps do not work under unity, but work under classic mode

Bug #787702 reported by Josh Leverette on 2011-05-24
60
This bug affects 13 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Unity
Incomplete
Undecided
Unassigned
unity (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

when attempting to play games in full screen the launcher hides itself due
to collision, but will pop out if you move your mouse over there, and the
bar at the top is completely oblivious to anything having changed.

Bilal Shahid (s9iper1) wrote :

what is the situation please elaborate it

Changed in unity:
status: New → Incomplete

when attempting to play games in full screen the launcher hides itself due
to collision, but will pop out if you move your mouse over there, and the
bar at the top is completely oblivious to anything having changed.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Muhammad bilal shahid <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> what is the situation please elaborate it
>
> ** Changed in: unity
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787702
>
> Title:
> full screen wine apps do not work under unity, but work under classic
> mode
>
> Status in Unity:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> It seems that unity breaks full screen wine program support.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/787702/+subscribe
>

--
Sincerely,
    Josh

Bilal Shahid (s9iper1) wrote :

i also played game and try to reproduce it but i am ubable to reproduce it

do you facing this now??

Changed in unity (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
Josh Leverette (coder543) wrote :

Are you using unity 3D?

On Jun 24, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Muhammad bilal shahid <email address hidden> wrote:

> i also played game and try to reproduce it but i am ubable to reproduce
> it
>
> do you facing this now??
>
>
> ** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Incomplete
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787702
>
> Title:
> full screen wine apps do not work under unity, but work under classic
> mode
>
> Status in Unity:
> Incomplete
> Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> It seems that unity breaks full screen wine program support.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/787702/+subscriptions

Bilal Shahid (s9iper1) wrote :

yes the unity is 3d by default so i am probabbly using 3d unity.
what are you using like 2d or 3d???

Josh Leverette (coder543) wrote :

The problem occured under 3D. I will have to experiment again when I get the chance. Also, you were testing a full screen 3D game, correct? Not minesweeper?

On Jun 24, 2011, at 4:05 PM, Muhammad bilal shahid <email address hidden> wrote:

> yes the unity is 3d by default so i am probabbly using 3d unity.
> what are you using like 2d or 3d???
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787702
>
> Title:
> full screen wine apps do not work under unity, but work under classic
> mode
>
> Status in Unity:
> Incomplete
> Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> It seems that unity breaks full screen wine program support.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/787702/+subscriptions

Bilal Shahid (s9iper1) wrote :

ok i am changing the status because i played a simple game.if any body else facing this he wil comment here. you also chech it now again.
in ur bug report you have to describe the full info about the bug in description. for more help
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Changed in unity:
status: Incomplete → New
Changed in unity (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → New
Josh Leverette (coder543) wrote :

yes, the problem is still present. I just checked.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Muhammad bilal shahid <
<email address hidden>> wrote:

> ok i am changing the status because i played a simple game.if any body else
> facing this he wil comment here. you also chech it now again.
> in ur bug report you have to describe the full info about the bug in
> description. for more help
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
>
> ** Changed in: unity
> Status: Incomplete => New
>
> ** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
> Status: Incomplete => New
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/787702
>
> Title:
> full screen wine apps do not work under unity, but work under classic
> mode
>
> Status in Unity:
> New
> Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> It seems that unity breaks full screen wine program support.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/787702/+subscriptions
>

--
Sincerely,
    Josh

Changed in unity (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Didier Roche (didrocks) on 2011-09-30
Changed in unity:
status: New → Confirmed
Omer Akram (om26er) on 2012-05-18
description: updated
tags: added: wine
Aaron Fisher (aaronmfisher86) wrote :

The problem seems to occur when wine changes the screen resolution for the full screen game. I was playing max payne and I found that if I set the game resolution to 1680x1520 then the problem didn't occur but if I played the game at 1024x768 the Launcher was visible next to the game the entire time. Also if you change the desktop resolution to 1024x768 before starting the game and set the game resolution to 1024x768 the problem doesn't occur. So it's gotta be something with wine changing the screen resolution at the start...

Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

I think this is probably a duplicate of bug 734908.

Omer Akram (om26er) wrote :

thanks for the bug report. Is that still an issue in Ubuntu 12.04?

Changed in unity:
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Changed in unity (Ubuntu):
status: Confirmed → Incomplete
Human (bob-igo) wrote :

It is still an issue in Ubuntu 12.04 because it just happened to me, and I found this bug while researching a fix.

Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. This particular bug has already been reported and is a duplicate of bug 734908, so it is being marked as such. Please look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug. Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in the other report. Feel free to continue to report any other bugs you may find.

Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt) wrote :

See also: bug 1039045

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers