When the user reveals the Launcher by moving the pointer to the left side of the screen, the Launcher should unfold at exactly the point entered.
1 . Make sure the Launcher contains a enough icons to cause several icons to fold.
2. Hide the launcher by moving a window into the Launcher space
3. Reveal the launcher by moving the pointer to the left side of the screen at a vertical location where the Launcher has folded icons. A good example is to move the pointer to the very bottom left to try to reveal the trash.
What currently happens:
- The Launcher slides out, the accordion flattens, and then the Launcher starts auto scrolling to the user's location.
What should happen:
- The Launcher should slide out and the Launcher accordion should flatten out centred on the icon in the same vertical position as the user's pointer. There should be no auto-scroll.
This bug would be an ideal bug for someone to get started hacking on Unity, here's some information:
* Time to fix: 2h
* Difficulty: bitesize
Implementation of this bug is not that difficult. The primary difficulty will come in making sure the mouse position is properly updated and set for the launcher at the time of entry into the side of the screen. In short, whenever Launcher::EdgeRevealTriggered is called, inside of EdgeRevealTriggered, Launcher::SetMousePosition needs to be called with an updated mouse position (probably queried directly from the X server).
The difficulty in this bug will not be in the implementation, but in the testing to verify its working in all the weird cases that edge reveal can happen with. Prepare.
* Where to look: src/Launcher.cpp
* Workflow information: http://unity.ubuntu.com/getinvolved/