All Lenses and Scopes should be displayed in the software centre, the change request is as follows:
1. Add all the default Lenses to a 'Dash search plugins' category inside 'Themes & tweaks'. The current default Lenses are:
They are currently hidden as 'technical items', this needs to be switched off.
Note unity-lens-gwibber will also hopefully become default lenses this cycle.
2. Add graphical assets to represent the Lenses in the Software Center. A icon for each Lens is available, and screenshots with the default wallpaper also need to be attached to each Lens.
3. All other Lenses currently listed in the software centre should also be added to this "Dash Search Plugins" category inside 'Themes & tweaks'. Note that there are quite a number of 3rd party Lenses that need to be categorised in this way.
4. All scopes should be listed as 'add-ons' for specific Lenses, e.g. unity-scope-musicstores should be a add-on for the Music Lens. Double check that all scopes are correctly listed as add-ons, and none are visible in the "Dash Search Plugins" category.
5. Check that a user can both install and un-install all of these Lenses and Scopes, including those shipped by default.
Implementing this requires an icon for the subcategory, bug 1036217.