1. Have a folder with greek characters like Παράδειγμα
2. Have a file called THIS_IS_A_TEST_FOR_GREEK_CHARS inside that folder
3. Open that file from nautilus so it will show up in the files dash
4. Open Dash
5. Go to the files dash
6. Type THIS_IS_A_TEST_FOR_GREEK_CHARS
7. Open the file from the dash
-> Verify the file really opens
Dash not opening some files or all possible files at all.
Since I have upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 64bit i cannot open from dash folders with Greek names or files located under folders with Greek names (the name of the file does not matter). I click on them, the dash disappears but nothing happens. If i open them from nautilus it's ok, they are then listed in Dash in recent files but still will not open. If i rename the folder from eg Παράδειγμα to Example (Greek to Latin) and open it from Nautilus then i can normally open it from Dash. The folder is not encrypted and i checked permissions. This happens with all file types. At first i thought that it was Dropbox fault but apparently is not.