XML Parsing Error with German languagepack if http status !=200

Bug #219696 reported by Hauke on 2008-04-19
10
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
Nominated for Hardy by Hauke
xulrunner-1.9 (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
Nominated for Hardy by Hauke

Bug Description

Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

When Firefox 3.0 wants to show an error message I get the following error with the German languagepack:

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Fehler beim Verarbeiten einer Referenz auf eine externe Entität
Adresse: jar:file:///usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9b5/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml
Zeile Nr. 10, Spalte 3: %netErrorDTD;
--^

The error message is shown e.g. at https://dev.openwrt.org

When starting Firefox with LANG=en_US.utf8 firefox every thing works like it should.

With firefox-de activated and xulrunner-de deactivated in the firefox Add-one menu I got the error in English:

XML Parsing Error: error in processing external entity reference
Location: jar:file:///usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9b5/chrome/toolkit.jar!/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line Number 10, Column 3: %netErrorDTD;
--^

I am using Ubuntu hardy (update from gutsy) with ipdates from 19.4.

mikko (mikko-) wrote :

same problem in Finnish language pack

printing and all other things works fine if I launch firefox from terminal:

LANG=en_US.utf8 firefox

Martin-Éric Racine (q-funk) wrote :

I confirm this error with the Finnish language pack too.

Martin-Éric Racine (q-funk) wrote :

I also notice that this affects Firefox's ability to print documents out, because it complains that it doesn't know about the A4 paper format, if launched in C locale.

Hauke (hauke-m) wrote :

With the update for Hardy from Monday it's working

Changed in xulrunner-1.9:
status: New → Fix Released
Hauke (hauke-m) wrote :

With the update for Hardy from Monday it's working.

Changed in firefox-3.0:
status: New → Fix Released
mikko (mikko-) wrote :

Printing in firefox doesn't work so this is not same bug.

Andrew Ivanov (aa.ivanov) wrote :

I'm hitting the issue from the original report when using my default locale - bg_BG.UTF-8
I'm on a clean-installed Ubuntu 8.04, running firefox 3.0b5

root@rev2:~# lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 8.04
Release: 8.04
root@rev2:~# apt-cache policy firefox
firefox:
  Инсталирана: 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3
  Кандидат: 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3
  Таблица с версиите:
 *** 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 0
        500 http://bg.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Issue is not present after disabling Bulgarian Language (Tools>Add-ons>Languages>Firefox(bg)) or start it with:
$ export LANG=en_US; firefox

Félix (felixhorro-gmail) wrote :

Same problem in Galician language.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers