[Jaunty] Can not use "Log Off" button on panel after using applications in desktop cd
Binary package hint: xfce4-panel
RELEASE: Jaunty development version, pre-release candidate
CD/DVD VARIANT: 32-bit Xubuntu Desktop cd
ISO BUILD: 2009-04-13
SYMPTOMS: After using any applications on the live desktop, attempts to restart or shutdown using the "Log Off" icon on the top panel cause the panels to disappear. If I use the Applications -> Log Out button, restart or shutdown proceeds as expected.
CAUSE: xfce4-panel segfault at 6f000007 ip b78b792e sp bf91f7b0 error 4 in libgobject-
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
(I have not been able to reproduce this bug using VirtualBox, it happens only on actual hardware)
1. start the hardware system using the Xubuntu jaunty-
2. click on the HELP icon on the top panel; after it opens, close it.
3. click on the Firefox icon on the top panel; view a couple of websites; close it.
4. click on the "Log Out" icon on the right of the top panel.
5. Observe both panels disappear and no further action happens. You can not now shutdown, since you have no panels.
6. If you had opened Applications, click on Log Out, it would have worked as you expect it to.
7. There are no logs in /var/crash; /var/log/syslog shows the above line; also attaching the ~/.xsession-errors log, since it shows several errors.
Use the Applications -> Log Out button instead of the panel icon to shutdown/
|Changed in xfce4-panel (Ubuntu):|
|status:||Confirmed → Fix Released|