wine and fglrx packages are mutually exclusive

Bug #1376587 reported by Paweł
352
This bug affects 77 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
ocl-icd (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned
wine1.6 (Ubuntu)
High
Scott Ritchie

Bug Description

I am using Ubuntu Gnome 14.10 Beta 2.

Packages affected:
- fglrx
- wine and derivatives (playonlinux for example)

I installed my graphics card drivers (fglrx) and it went okay, apart from not starting x (I worked around it with removing quiet splash boot options).

Afterwards I tried to install wine and I noticed that I am unable to do so without removing fglrx and you can't install fglrx without removing wine.

System is up-to-date with newest updates.

I set "In what package did you find this bug?" to "I don't know", because it affects both packages.

Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in wine (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
Revision history for this message
Dmitry (talk-r) wrote :

ovr@ovr-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install wine
[sudo] password for ovr:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386 wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64
  wine1.6-i386:i386
Suggested packages:
  opencl-icd opencl-icd:i386 dosbox:any
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-core
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386 wine wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64
  wine1.6-i386:i386
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 3 to remove and 252 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/32,5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 49,1 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

So It's important bug

Revision history for this message
Scott Ritchie (scottritchie) wrote :

I have a feeling rebuilding Wine will fix this issue, as the automatic dependency settings for opencl has changed.

affects: wine (Ubuntu) → wine1.6 (Ubuntu)
Changed in wine1.6 (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → Scott Ritchie (scottritchie)
importance: Undecided → High
status: Confirmed → Triaged
Revision history for this message
Paweł (mazur92) wrote :

I may come off as a noob now, but how can I achieve that? Or is it Ubuntu staff thing to do? Because when I want to download source from ubuntu repositories it still wants to remove fglrx, which I obviously don't want to do and I'm not inclined to download source straight off wine page seeing as it's having massive lib dependencies and I don't know whether it has configuration files to build deb package.

Revision history for this message
Scott Ritchie (scottritchie) wrote :

I'm doing it. Wait for the update.

Revision history for this message
Paweł (mazur92) wrote :

Awesome. Keep up the good work then.
Thanks for interest :)

Changed in wine1.6 (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → In Progress
Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package wine1.6 - 1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6

---------------
wine1.6 (1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6) utopic; urgency=medium

  * Remove experimental pthread patch (causes regressions)
    - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36772
    - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36744
  * Actually apply the extraneously large buffer revert patch
    - Was somehow turned off in previous update
    - Reduces audio latency; upstream only increased buffer for non-linux drivers
  * Build-depend on ocl-icd-opencl-dev instead of its deps (LP: #1371196)
    - Remove direct build-depend on ocl-icd-libopencl1 and opencl-headers
  * Add Arabic and Japanese translations for the .desktop files (LP: #1320290)
    - Thank you Akira Nakagawa
  * Remove ocl-icd-libopencl1 from recommends (LP: #1313123, #1376587)
    - Spurious as there is an automatic dependency on it or its substitutes
    - Might fix some installability problems on proprietary drivers
  * Exclude libpulse0 from auto-dependency generation (LP: #1226314)
    - It correctly remains a recommends, as it is possible to run Wine without pulseaudio
    - debian/rules: exclude winepulse.drv.so from parsing by dh_shlibdeps
  * Import patch to mostly fix wine icon appearing instead of app icon (LP: #1103833)
    - Patch courtesy Michael Müller, possibly to be replaced by later patches
  * Downgrade winbind from Recommends to Suggests (LP: #302148)
 -- Scott Ritchie <email address hidden> Mon, 06 Oct 2014 14:22:27 -0700

Changed in wine1.6 (Ubuntu):
status: In Progress → Fix Released
Revision history for this message
Paweł (mazur92) wrote :

Hello Scott.

Thanks for taking the time to try fixing this bug. Unfortunately, after every updates, and running bzr branch lp:ubuntu/utopic-proposed/wine1.6 I am still unable to install wine along fglrx

Output:
pawel@pawel-linux:~$ sudo apt-get install wine1.6=1:1.6.2-0ubuntu6
.....

Following packages will be REMOVED:
  fglrx-amdcccle-updates fglrx-updates fglrx-updates-core

Aptitude and synaptic returns me the same result when forcing to use version 1.6.2-0ubuntu6 (used them to be sure, that I didn't mess up apt-get command).

Any thoughts?

Revision history for this message
Scott Ritchie (scottritchie) wrote :

Yup, it seems a change needs to be made in the fglrx packages too. That's at this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/1129409

no longer affects: fglrx-installer-updates (Ubuntu)
Revision history for this message
Buford T. Justice (btjustice) wrote :

This bug still seems active. I have these fglrx packages installed...

fglrx-amdcccle-updates
fglrx-updates
fglrx-updates-core

If I open the Ubuntu Software Center and try to install either Wine or PlayOnLinux, I am told the above packages need to be removed.

Revision history for this message
Alastair Carey (alastair-carey) wrote :

Hi guys, I'm affected by this too. The bug status says "fixed released", what does this mean? I'm running 14.10 with everything up to date and I still can't install wine without removing fglrx.

Revision history for this message
Kenneth Florek (kflorek-newsguy) wrote :

Just another person who upgraded to to the released, not beta, Utopic from Trusty who pressed the button "Fix Released" trying to get the fix and did not find it. Installing fglrx /fglrx-updates uninstalls playonlinux/wine and installing playonlinux/wine uninstalls fglrx /fglrx-updates. They did work together in Trusty.

Revision history for this message
Scott Ritchie (scottritchie) wrote :

Again, the issue is fixed in Wine but remains in the fglrx packages in Utopic. That said, it makes sense to mark this bug as a duplicate, since it's the same issue spread across two packages.

Revision history for this message
Ian (superian) wrote :

Do you know if this has been fixed in the ubuntu-wine PPA which gives wine1.7?

Revision history for this message
grndzro (geze) wrote :

Yup. Running Ubuntu Mate 14.10 with Gnome 3.14.
All wine versions require the removal of FGLRX

Revision history for this message
Brice Terzaghi (terzag) wrote :

Same for me since I've installed Catalyst on Ubuntu 14.10 yesterday (I was using Mesa so far). Given the fact that it happens with Wine 1.6 from the Ubuntu repos and Wine 1.7 from the PPA, isn't the issue related to flgrx rather than Wine?

Revision history for this message
lachoneus (7achoneus) wrote :

I wanted to get my two cents in so this bug doens't die off. I have the same problem here. fglrx packages being removed when any version of wine is being installed. Kubuntu 14.10 64-bit.

Revision history for this message
zzarko (zzarko-gmail) wrote :

I'm having the same problem on 14.04 64bit, new fglrx (14.12) and wine 1.6/1.7. Trying to install wine after fglrx requires fglrx removal, and vice versa.

Revision history for this message
jradwans (jradwans) wrote :

I have the same problem with newest AMD omega driver relased yesterday

root@Gateway-NV75S:~# apt-get install playonlinux

Czytanie list pakietów... Gotowe
Budowanie drzewa zależności
Odczyt informacji o stanie... Gotowe
Następujące pakiety zostały zainstalowane automatycznie i nie są już więcej wymagane:
  libgsoap5 libpcap0.8:i386 wine-gecko2.24 wine-gecko2.24:i386
Aby je usunąć należy użyć "apt-get autoremove".
Zostaną zainstalowane następujące dodatkowe pakiety:
  libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386 ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386
  wine wine-gecko2.21 wine-gecko2.21:i386 wine-mono0.0.8 wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64
  wine1.6-i386:i386
Sugerowane pakiety:
  opencl-icd opencl-icd:i386 scrot dosbox:any
Polecane pakiety:
  wine-mono0.0.8:i386
Następujące pakiety zostaną USUNIĘTE: -------------REMOVE------------------
  fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-core
Zostaną zainstalowane następujące NOWE pakiety:
  libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386 ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386
  playonlinux wine wine-gecko2.21 wine-gecko2.21:i386 wine-mono0.0.8 wine1.6
  wine1.6-amd64 wine1.6-i386:i386
0 aktualizowanych, 11 nowo instalowanych, 3 usuwanych i 0 nieaktualizowanych.
Konieczne pobranie 123 MB archiwów.
Po tej operacji zostanie zwolnione 25,6 MB miejsca na dysku.
Kontynuować? [T/n] n
Przerwane.
.

Revision history for this message
per terje (perterje22) wrote :

Hi, heres a workaround
Download driver and --buildpkg for your dist.

From a directory with the package,

fglrx-updates-core_14.201-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb

1) make a place to unpack the package,

mkdir tmp

2) Unpack the package with two commands,

dpkg -x fglrx-updates-core_14.201-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb tmp

dpkg --control fglrx-updates-core_14.201-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb tmp/DEBIAN

3) edit the text file "control" that has the dependencies,

nano tmp/DEBIAN/control

Remove libopencl1 from provides and conflics. It should look like this:

Package: fglrx-updates-core
Source: fglrx-installer-updates
Version: 2:14.201-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Ubuntu Core Developers <email address hidden>
Installed-Size: 121292
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), lib32gcc1, libc6-i386, dkms, make, linux-libc-dev
Conflicts: fglrx-driver-core
Replaces: fglrx-driver-core, libopencl1
Provides: fglrx-driver-core
Section: restricted/misc
Priority: extra
Homepage: http://support.amd.com
Description: Minimal video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
Minimal video driver for the AMD Radeon and FireGL graphics accelerators.
.
This package provides 2D display drivers.

Only Version, Conflicts and Provides are changed. Leaving the version unchanged is OK, but then the package manager will say the original file in the repo is an update, something you want to be sure NOT to do.

Save, and exit nano.

4) put the results back into a package of some different name,

dpkg -b tmp fglrx-updates-core_14.201-0ubuntu2_amd64-FIXED.deb

5) install,

sudo dpkg -i fglrx-updates-core_14.201-0ubuntu2_amd64-FIXED.deb

still cant compile wine tho ^^

Revision history for this message
helour (helourx) wrote :

Thx perterje, it works with the newest AMD omega driver too.

Revision history for this message
Rajat Pandita (rajat-pandita) wrote :

Using 14.04 LTS. Works Like a Charm !!!
Generate driver using

sudo ./amd-insaller-x-x-x-x-x.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/trusty

Then patch the FGLRX-CORE deb file as per instructions give by per terje (perterje22)

The installed the resulting DEB file and now it Works Beutifully

Thank you so much for the fix Now I can go on with my work

Regards
Rajat

Revision history for this message
Jaufré Aligé (jaufre) wrote :

This fix must be drnt to everyone by updated ! "normal" users are in big trouble because of this !! A big part of my customers are using wine ... I'm lucky they are not using ati cards... Another way to attack Ubuntu. Propriteray systems fans must be happy.

Revision history for this message
Patryk (pmalek) wrote :

I have followed steps provided by perterje22 and I have working drivers installed

dpkg -l | grep -i fglrx
ii fglrx 2:14.501-0ubuntu1 amd64 Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii fglrx-amdcccle 2:14.501-0ubuntu1 amd64 Catalyst Control Center for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii fglrx-core 2:14.501-0ubuntu1.1 amd64 Minimal video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators
ii fglrx-dev 2:14.501-0ubuntu1 amd64 Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerators (devel files)

But I cannot launch AMD control center. Any clues? I mean only administrative app is visible in unity and gksu password windows pops up but nothing happens after that.

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Uhh, doesn't that solution induce another issue? I'm looking at it: if I read the solution right and looking at what wine installed, libOpenCL1.so.1 that is provided by the AMD Catalyst driver will be over written by the one provided by ocl-icd-libopencl1. Won't that break GPU accelerated opencl support???

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Okay, more studying of what was going on - I'd like to modify the above procedure. The provides line I belive should look like this:

Provides: fglrx-driver-core, opencl-icd, amd-opencl-icd

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Bla, after all that work on the updated drivers in the repository, and working on the drivers from AMD's site (which are nice and zippy), Wine *STILL* insists on removing the AMD drivers and installing icl-icd-libopencl1...

I'm gonna keep at it untill this works...

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Boo-YA! Got it. AND (!!! not fully related, but getting this working also lead into fixing another problem), I got OpenCL working with out haveing to resort to installing (or partialy installing the AMD APP SDK...

Okay, so the replaces line needs to change to this:

Replaces: fglrx-driver-core

(Yes, that right, get rid of libopenCL1 - it causes a fight between packages)
Next, add this line after the depends line:

Enhances: libopencl1

Okay, so now that will allow wine to work on a freshly installed system. Want OpenCL (GPGPU) working?? Keep reading:

In /usr/lib create the following symlink: libOpenCL.so and point it at libOpenCL.so.1
Then create two more symlinks for completness: libOpenCL.so.1.1 and libOpenCL.so.1.2

Both will point to libOpenCL.so (I did this incase AMD or someone decides that proviced libOpenCL.so.1 file name should be corrected to libOpenCL.so)..

Now, repeat the above steps, but change to /usr/lib32

Next, go to /etc/OpenCL/venders and you'll see a file called amdocl64.icd
Make a copy of it in the same dir called amdocl32.icd
Edit that file, and change libamdocl64.so to libamdocl32.so

Next, in /etc/ld.so.conf.d make a file called opencl-vender-amd.conf and add the line: /etc/OpenCL/venders

Run ldconfig and your all set - Wine will install and work as wanted and you'll have the bonus of having working OpenCL support. Hope this is of help. Works with the updates drivers from the repo's and it also works on AMD's DEB packages from AMD's website.

Revision history for this message
Jack Bowling (jbinpg) wrote :

Just installed Vivid 15.04 and discovered that this bug is still there. Wine-1.6.1 will not install if fglrx or fglrx-updates is installed and vice versa. I thought the wine project and AMD would have figured this out by now.

Revision history for this message
Jack Bowling (jbinpg) wrote : Re: [Bug 1376587] Re: wine and fglrx packages are mutually exclusive

Sorry, but that is wine 1.6.2 in Vivid.

On 2015-01-16 05:55 PM, Jack Bowling wrote:
> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1129409 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1129409
>
> Just installed Vivid 15.04 and discovered that this bug is still there.
> Wine-1.6.1 will not install if fglrx or fglrx-updates is installed and
> vice versa. I thought the wine project and AMD would have figured this
> out by now.
>

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Hi Jack,

The bug isn't in the Wine package's (at least, not any more), the show stopper for getting Wine working with Catalyst is being caused by a fight between ocl-icd-libopencl1 packages and the fglrx-core and/or fglrx-updates-core Catalyst packages in the repo's as well as on AMD's website at present time (from here on in I'll just refer to fglrx-core - it applies tot he fglrx-updaes-core packages as well).

The basic problem is that the AMD fglrx-core won't install ocl-icd-libopencl1 because both packages provide the virtual package libopencl1 (NOTE: the package ocl-icd-libopencl doesn't provide a libOpenCL.so file as I originally feared however) - do to this, ocl-icd-libopencl1 won't install with out removing the fglrx-core because it too provides a virtual libopencl1 package.

So the package manager ends up thinking that if you Want Wine, to resolve the conflicts it has to remove the fglrx-core packags.

Now, I could put the fixed packages into a PPA, except that would leave some OpenCL bugs in place (I'm not a package maintainer, and aside from modifying the control file in the fglrx-core packages (that's to per terje's earlier post), I'm not really sure how to also bundle in he OpenCL fixes into the package. I suppose I could make a corrections package from scratch for the OpenCL corrections, but again, I'm not sure how to do that as I've never done that before.

Besides (food for thought), I have one other problem putting out corrected package in a PPAs. Does ocl-icd-libopencl actually provide libopencl1 support directly like the AMD fglrx-core packages do, or is ocl-icd-libopencl providing enhancements to libopenCL1? Which package should be creating the libopenCL1 virtual package? Thats the question, and the main reason why I don't want to make a PPA.

Revision history for this message
Jack Bowling (jbinpg) wrote :

Understood. But then what are users who would like to install both
packages to do? It is an expensive fix to buy a new video card.

Jack

On 2015-01-17 06:38 AM, nukedathlonman wrote:
> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1129409 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1129409
>
> Hi Jack,
>
> The bug isn't in the Wine package's (at least, not any more), the show
> stopper for getting Wine working with Catalyst is being caused by a
> fight between ocl-icd-libopencl1 packages and the fglrx-core and/or
> fglrx-updates-core Catalyst packages in the repo's as well as on AMD's
> website at present time (from here on in I'll just refer to fglrx-core -
> it applies tot he fglrx-updaes-core packages as well).
>
> The basic problem is that the AMD fglrx-core won't install ocl-icd-
> libopencl1 because both packages provide the virtual package libopencl1
> (NOTE: the package ocl-icd-libopencl doesn't provide a libOpenCL.so file
> as I originally feared however) - do to this, ocl-icd-libopencl1 won't
> install with out removing the fglrx-core because it too provides a
> virtual libopencl1 package.
>
> So the package manager ends up thinking that if you Want Wine, to
> resolve the conflicts it has to remove the fglrx-core packags.
>
> Now, I could put the fixed packages into a PPA, except that would leave
> some OpenCL bugs in place (I'm not a package maintainer, and aside from
> modifying the control file in the fglrx-core packages (that's to per
> terje's earlier post), I'm not really sure how to also bundle in he
> OpenCL fixes into the package. I suppose I could make a corrections
> package from scratch for the OpenCL corrections, but again, I'm not sure
> how to do that as I've never done that before.
>
> Besides (food for thought), I have one other problem putting out
> corrected package in a PPAs. Does ocl-icd-libopencl actually provide
> libopencl1 support directly like the AMD fglrx-core packages do, or is
> ocl-icd-libopencl providing enhancements to libopenCL1? Which package
> should be creating the libopenCL1 virtual package? Thats the question,
> and the main reason why I don't want to make a PPA.
>

Revision history for this message
nukedathlonman (areginato) wrote :

Sadly, for the moment anyone who wishes to install both packages (which will be everyone with an AMD card wishing to use the closed Catalyst driver and Wine) will have to be a power user and use a work around - that is edit the control file in the fglrx-core package of there choice and install the edited package manually. Alberto Milone is working on it (see Bug #1129409), but it's only ranked a medium sensitivity. Now it is listed that the fix is in progress - so a fix is coming at some point. :-)

Revision history for this message
Phillip "ZyanKLee" Stockmann (zyanklee) wrote :
Download full text (4.6 KiB)

This error is still persisting in ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS:

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

# LANG=C apt-get install wine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  ruby-rgen ruby-safe-yaml
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
  attr cabextract fonts-horai-umefont fonts-unfonts-core fonts-wqy-microhei
  libaio1 libcapi20-3 libcapi20-3:i386 libexif12:i386 libgd3:i386 libgif4:i386
  libglamor0 libglu1-mesa:i386 libgphoto2-6:i386 libgphoto2-port10:i386
  libgpm2:i386 libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386
  libhdb9-heimdal libieee1284-3:i386 libkdc2-heimdal liblcms2-2:i386
  libltdl7:i386 libmpg123-0 libmpg123-0:i386 libncurses5:i386 libnss-winbind
  libopenal-data libopenal1 libopenal1:i386 libosmesa6 libosmesa6:i386
  libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386 libpam-winbind libsane:i386 libspice-server1
  libusb-1.0-0:i386 libv4l-0:i386 libv4lconvert0:i386 libvpx1:i386
  libxatracker2 libxpm4:i386 libxvmc1 ocl-icd-libopencl1
  ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386 p11-kit-modules:i386 p7zip python-dnspython samba
  samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools ttf-mscorefonts-installer
  ttf-wqy-microhei unixODBC winbind wine-gecko2.21 wine-gecko2.21:i386
  wine-mono0.0.8 wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64 wine1.6-i386:i386 winetricks
  xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
  xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xserver-xorg-video-glamoregl
  xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-mga
  xserver-xorg-video-modesetting xserver-xorg-video-neomagic
  xserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
  xserver-xorg-video-qxl xserver-xorg-video-r128 xserver-xorg-video-radeon
  xserver-xorg-video-s3 xserver-xorg-video-savage
  xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis
  xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx xserver-xorg-video-trident
  xserver-xorg-video-vesa xserver-xorg-video-vmware
Suggested packages:
  isdnutils-doc isdnutils-doc:i386 libgd-tools:i386 gphoto2:i386 gtkam:i386
  gpm:i386 libvisual-0.4-plugins:i386 gstreamer-codec-install:i386
  gnome-codec-install:i386 gstreamer0.10-tools:i386
  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base:i386 liblcms2-utils:i386 libroar-compat2
  libportaudio2:i386 libroar-compat2:i386 hplip:i386 hpoj:i386
  libsane-extras:i386 opencl-icd opencl-icd:i386 bind9 bind9utils ldb-tools
  ntp smbldap-tools dosbox:any firmware-linux
Recommended packages:
  unixODBC:i386 wine-mono0.0.8:i386
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-core fglrx-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  attr cabextract fonts-horai-umefont fonts-unfonts-core fonts-wqy-microhei
  libaio1 libcapi20-3 libcapi20-3:i386 libexif12:i386 libgd3:i386 libgif4:i386
  libglamor0 libglu1-mesa:i386 libgphoto2-6:i386 libgphoto2-port10:i386
  libgpm2:i386 libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386
  libhdb9-heimdal libieee1284-3:i386 libkdc2-heimdal liblcms2-2:i386
  lib...

Read more...

Revision history for this message
Jack Bowling (jbinpg) wrote :
Download full text (5.0 KiB)

On 2015-02-25 04:50 AM, Phillip "ZyanKLee" Stockmann wrote:
> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1129409 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1129409
>
> This error is still persisting in ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS:
>
> # lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Description: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
> Release: 14.04
> Codename: trusty
>
>
> # LANG=C apt-get install wine
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
> ruby-rgen ruby-safe-yaml
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
> The following extra packages will be installed:
> attr cabextract fonts-horai-umefont fonts-unfonts-core fonts-wqy-microhei
> libaio1 libcapi20-3 libcapi20-3:i386 libexif12:i386 libgd3:i386 libgif4:i386
> libglamor0 libglu1-mesa:i386 libgphoto2-6:i386 libgphoto2-port10:i386
> libgpm2:i386 libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0:i386 libgstreamer0.10-0:i386
> libhdb9-heimdal libieee1284-3:i386 libkdc2-heimdal liblcms2-2:i386
> libltdl7:i386 libmpg123-0 libmpg123-0:i386 libncurses5:i386 libnss-winbind
> libopenal-data libopenal1 libopenal1:i386 libosmesa6 libosmesa6:i386
> libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386 libpam-winbind libsane:i386 libspice-server1
> libusb-1.0-0:i386 libv4l-0:i386 libv4lconvert0:i386 libvpx1:i386
> libxatracker2 libxpm4:i386 libxvmc1 ocl-icd-libopencl1
> ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386 p11-kit-modules:i386 p7zip python-dnspython samba
> samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools ttf-mscorefonts-installer
> ttf-wqy-microhei unixODBC winbind wine-gecko2.21 wine-gecko2.21:i386
> wine-mono0.0.8 wine1.6 wine1.6-amd64 wine1.6-i386:i386 winetricks
> xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-cirrus
> xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xserver-xorg-video-glamoregl
> xserver-xorg-video-intel xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-mga
> xserver-xorg-video-modesetting xserver-xorg-video-neomagic
> xserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-openchrome
> xserver-xorg-video-qxl xserver-xorg-video-r128 xserver-xorg-video-radeon
> xserver-xorg-video-s3 xserver-xorg-video-savage
> xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion xserver-xorg-video-sis
> xserver-xorg-video-sisusb xserver-xorg-video-tdfx xserver-xorg-video-trident
> xserver-xorg-video-vesa xserver-xorg-video-vmware
> Suggested packages:
> isdnutils-doc isdnutils-doc:i386 libgd-tools:i386 gphoto2:i386 gtkam:i386
> gpm:i386 libvisual-0.4-plugins:i386 gstreamer-codec-install:i386
> gnome-codec-install:i386 gstreamer0.10-tools:i386
> gstreamer0.10-plugins-base:i386 liblcms2-utils:i386 libroar-compat2
> libportaudio2:i386 libroar-compat2:i386 hplip:i386 hpoj:i386
> libsane-extras:i386 opencl-icd opencl-icd:i386 bind9 bind9utils ldb-tools
> ntp smbldap-tools dosbox:any firmware-linux
> Recommended packages:
> unixODBC:i386 wine-mono0.0.8:i386
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
> fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-core fglrx-dev
> The following NEW packages will be installed:
> attr cabextract fonts-horai-umefont fonts-unfonts-core fonts-wqy-microhei
> li...

Read more...

information type: Public → Public Security
information type: Public Security → Public
Revision history for this message
Richard Pinter (richard-pinter) wrote :

nice improvement for 14.10 :) any chance to backport to 14.04.2 64bit?

Revision history for this message
david_mairs (david-mairs09) wrote :

I have both wine and Amd omega drivers working perfectly in 14.04.2

Revision history for this message
Jhon Jairo (thejhonjhon123) wrote :

Thx perterje, it works with the newest AMD omega driver too.

Revision history for this message
Sakthi Vadivel (sakthivadivel94) wrote :

I have installed wine first and tried to install FGLRX drivers from AMD Site. When i Install FGLRX through Gdebi Installer. It says libopencl1 conflict. I Followed this guide 14.10 wine and fglrx conflict and it didn't work in building the deb file. It says dpkg-deb: error: control directory has bad permissions 777 (must be >=0755 and <=0775) , what can i do now ?

Please help. I am new to Linux. I provide any input you require to solve this.

Revision history for this message
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

Changed in ocl-icd (Ubuntu):
status: New → Confirmed
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.