Ubuntu

Wine does not have correct characters for U+2660, 2663, 2665, 2665

Reported by Sergey L.Isakov on 2007-01-22
6
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Wine
Confirmed
Low
wine (Ubuntu)
Low
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: wine

I use wine-0.9.29 to execute Windows program "Marriage" (http://www.marriage.ru).
All is OK except the special character (suits: spider etc. U+2660, 2663,2665, 2665).
Choosing another font not help me.

Stephan Adig (sadig) wrote :

Hi Sergey,

can you reproduce this bug with the latest version of wine in feisty?
Or can you reproduce it on any other distribution != ubuntu?

Regards,

\sh

Stephan Adig (sadig) on 2007-05-28
Changed in wine:
assignee: nobody → ubuntu-wine
Scott Ritchie (scottritchie) wrote :

Wine's built-in fonts should contain glyphs for most languages now. If any are still missing please file additional bug upstream.

Changed in wine:
assignee: ubuntu-wine → scottritchie
status: New → Fix Released

After some testing I found that the bug present in all wine releases
and all platforms
Darwine 1.1.2
Codewear CrossOver 7.0

Regards!

On 05.04.2008, at 9:20, Scott Ritchie wrote:

> Wine's built-in fonts should contain glyphs for most languages
> now. If
> any are still missing please file additional bug upstream.
>
> ** Changed in: wine (Ubuntu)
> Assignee: Ubuntu Wine Team (ubuntu-wine) => Scott Ritchie
> (scottritchie)
> Status: New => Fix Released
>
> --
> wine is not correct using characters
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/80963
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>

Darn. We'll need to file a bug at winehq.org then.

Changed in wine:
assignee: scottritchie → nobody
status: Fix Released → Confirmed

From launchpad:

I use wine to execute Windows program "Marriage" (http://www.marriage.ru).
All is OK except the special character (suits: spider etc. U+2660, 2663,2665, 2665).

Choosing another font does not help.

For which font? What app?

Changed in wine (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Low
status: Confirmed → Triaged
summary: - wine is not correct using characters
+ Wine does not have correct characters for U+2660, 2663, 2665, 2665
Changed in wine:
status: Unknown → Confirmed

Does installing corefonts help?

http://www.marriage.ru/download/marsetup.zip

hard to verify, I don't speak Russian, so not sure where to find the bug.

(In reply to comment #3)
> http://www.marriage.ru/download/marsetup.zip
>
> hard to verify, I don't speak Russian,

Shame on you!

> so not sure where to find the bug.

Reported was talking about this set of glyphs - ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ - card suits if you don't see this in your browser for some reason. So suits signs should be missed somewhere comparing to running it on Windows.

If you have any problem with understanding interface commands or something localized feel free to ask me.

(In reply to comment #4)
> Reported was talking about this set of glyphs - ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ - card suits if you
> don't see this in your browser for some reason. So suits signs should be missed
> somewhere comparing to running it on Windows.
>
> If you have any problem with understanding interface commands or something
> localized feel free to ask me.

May be easier for you or another native Russian speaker to download and test it. Should only take a few minutes.

Really what we need to know is which font is being used by the program. It's fairly easy to copy/paste ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ into notepad and verify that we don't have glyphs for it with a few fonts that maybe should (System, Tahoma, etc).

Created an attachment (id=28659)
screen

(In reply to comment #6)
> Really what we need to know is which font is being used by the program. It's
> fairly easy to copy/paste ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ into notepad and verify that we don't have
> glyphs for it with a few fonts that maybe should (System, Tahoma, etc).

Tahoma, MS Sans, Courier and Symbol don't have them. But I'm not able to see where is a lack of it in interface. In central window it's ok, also a selected card will be displayed near player on game, it's ok too.

Changed in wine:
importance: Unknown → Low

Probably still present.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Remote bug watches

Bug watches keep track of this bug in other bug trackers.