whois command result Timeout

Bug #365832 reported by M Shaharurrizal M Wartini on 2009-04-24
2
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
whois (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

coredump@01-10:~$ uname -a
Linux 01-10 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

coredump@01-10:~$ whois --version
Version 4.7.30.

Report bugs to <email address hidden>.

coredump@01-10:~$ whois 4.4.4.2
Timeout
coredump@01-10:~$ whois 83.212.200.1
Timeout

Chuck Short (zulcss) wrote :

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce this on karmic.

Regards
chuck

Changed in whois (Ubuntu):
status: New → Fix Released

Hi, I discover that the root cause of the problem.
My ubuntu server had interface ipv6 (inet6) activated whereby the router
gateway which is the gateway of last resort connected to the internet is not
configured correctly with ipv6 routing.

The resolution is that just delete inet6 address on the ifconfig and the
problem was resolved.

Thank you.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Chuck Short <email address hidden>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was not able to reproduce this on karmic.
>
> Regards
> chuck
>
> ** Changed in: whois (Ubuntu)
> Status: New => Fix Released
>
> --
> whois command result Timeout
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/365832
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
>
> Status in “whois” package in Ubuntu: Fix Released
>
> Bug description:
> coredump@01-10:~$ uname -a
> Linux 01-10 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> coredump@01-10:~$ whois --version
> Version 4.7.30.
>
> Report bugs to <<email address hidden> <md%<email address hidden>>>.
>
> coredump@01-10:~$ whois 4.4.4.2
> Timeout
> coredump@01-10:~$ whois 83.212.200.1
> Timeout
>

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers