virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5: virtualbox kernel module failed to build

Bug #1838439 reported by Vinicius Ribeiro on 2019-07-30
8
This bug affects 1 person
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
virtualbox (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

 Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-07-30 13:10:21 -03; 7ms ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 24818 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/virtualbox start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

jul 30 13:10:19 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: VirtualBox Linux kernel module...
jul 30 13:10:19 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 virtualbox[24818]: * Loading VirtualBox kernel modules...
jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: virtualbox.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: virtualbox.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: VirtualBox Linux kernel module.

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-157.185-generic 4.4.181
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-157-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.7
Architecture: amd64
DKMSKernelVersion: 4.4.0-157-generic
Date: Tue Jul 30 13:08:07 2019
DistributionChannelDescriptor:
 # This is a distribution channel descriptor
 # For more information see http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
 canonical-oem-somerville-xenial-amd64-20160624-2
DuplicateSignature: dkms:virtualbox-dkms:5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5:/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/5.2.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.c:1112:18: error: too many arguments to function ‘get_user_pages’
InstallationDate: Installed on 2019-03-15 (136 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" - Build amd64 LIVE Binary 20160624-10:47
PackageArchitecture: all
PackageVersion: 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5
Python3Details: /usr/bin/python3.6, Python 3.6.8, python3-minimal, 3.6.7-1~18.04
PythonDetails: /usr/bin/python2.7, Python 2.7.15+, python-minimal, 2.7.15~rc1-1
RelatedPackageVersions:
 dpkg 1.19.0.5ubuntu2.1
 apt 1.6.11
SourcePackage: virtualbox
Title: virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5: virtualbox kernel module failed to build
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2019-07-30 (0 days ago)

Vinicius Ribeiro (gadis) wrote :

Thank you for taking the time to report this crash and helping to make this software better. This particular crash has already been reported and is a duplicate of bug #1838440, so is being marked as such. Please look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug. Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in the other report. Please continue to report any other bugs you may find.

tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Download full text (4.0 KiB)

Thanks, friends.

Best regards

Vinicius Gadis Ribeiro
e-mail institucional: <email address hidden>
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Professor Adjunto - Departamento Interdisciplinar - Campus Litoral
Rodovia RS 030, 11.700 – km 92 - Emboaba – Tramandaí/RS - CEP 95590-000
Prédio 61508 sala 106 fone: + 55 51 3308 1375
PPG Design UFRGS
CV Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/2937182050702659
Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vinicius_Ribeiro
ResearcherID: H-9131-2015

Em ter, 30 de jul de 2019 às 13:41, Apport retracing service <
<email address hidden>> escreveu:

> *** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1838440 ***
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838440
>
> Thank you for taking the time to report this crash and helping to make
> this software better. This particular crash has already been reported
> and is a duplicate of bug #1838440, so is being marked as such. Please
> look at the other bug report to see if there is any missing information
> that you can provide, or to see if there is a workaround for the bug.
> Additionally, any further discussion regarding the bug should occur in
> the other report. Please continue to report any other bugs you may
> find.
>
> ** Tags removed: need-duplicate-check
>
> ** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1838440
> virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5: virtualbox kernel module
> failed to build
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838439
>
> Title:
> virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5: virtualbox kernel module
> failed to build
>
> Status in virtualbox package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-07-30 13:10:21 -03;
> 7ms ago
> Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
> Process: 24818 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/virtualbox start (code=exited,
> status=1/FAILURE)
>
> jul 30 13:10:19 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: Starting LSB:
> VirtualBox Linux kernel module...
> jul 30 13:10:19 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 virtualbox[24818]: * Loading
> VirtualBox kernel modules...
> jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: virtualbox.service:
> Control process exited, code=exited status=1
> jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: virtualbox.service:
> Failed with result 'exit-code'.
> jul 30 13:10:21 vader-Inspiron-15-3567 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB:
> VirtualBox Linux kernel module.
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
> Package: virtualbox-dkms 5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-157.185-generic 4.4.181
> Uname: Linux 4.4.0-157-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.7
> Architecture: amd64
> DKMSKernelVersion: 4.4.0-157-generic
> Date: Tue Jul 30 13:08:07 2019
> DistributionChannelDescriptor:
> # This is a distribution channel descriptor
> # For more information see
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributionChannelDescriptor
> canonical-oem-somerville-xenial-amd64-20160624-2
> DuplicateSignature:
> dkms:virtualbox-dkms:5.2.18-dfsg-2~ubuntu18.04.5:/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/5.2.18/build/vboxdrv...

Read more...

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers