Ubuntu

vnc to 11.04 isn't working, only first frame is displayed and no other events are updated to the viewer

Reported by sudurais on 2011-04-28
42
This bug affects 9 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
vino (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: vino

I have upgraded to 11.04 from beta 2. I'm facing ,vnc to 11.04 machine from windows or any other machine only the first frame appears and no other events are updated to vnc viewer. Mouse clicks are happening on the remote machine but the screen is not refreshed on the vncviewer side at all. It wasn't seen in 10.10. Please let me know what output i should collect ?. x11vnc is working fine.

Same here, I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10, then to 11.04. Now VNC does not redraw the desktop. Workaround: Click and drag on the desktop. Everything inside the extents of the resulting rectangle will be refreshed.

gorcsev71 (gorcsev71) wrote :

Same error for me, however I am using a fresh installed 11.04 both on the server and the client.

Brian Holland (briholland) wrote :

I have the same problem with two Ubuntu 11.04 machines. I'm sure it's only the vino server at fault, as there was no problem when the server machine (my mother's) was still on 10.10 yet the client machine (mine) was already on 11.04. When my mother upgraded to 11.04 yesterday, I can no longer help her via VNC. Her screen won't repaint in my viewer.

We seem to have regressed to a previous problem of desktop effects with VNC not repainting the screen. When we first installed 10.04 on the two machines a while ago, we had to turn off desktop effects for VNC to repaint the screen. However, an Ubuntu update was installed at some point and we could then have desktop effects on plus use VNC. We can't turn off desktop effects with Unity.

Could this be related/similar to this bug?: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126

this issue seems to be fixed in latest vino update. i will get more details
later.

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Brian Holland <email address hidden>wrote:

> I have the same problem with two Ubuntu 11.04 machines. I'm sure it's
> only the vino server at fault, as there was no problem when the server
> machine (my mother's) was still on 10.10 yet the client machine (mine)
> was already on 11.04. When my mother upgraded to 11.04 yesterday, I can
> no longer help her via VNC. Her screen won't repaint in my viewer.
>
> We seem to have regressed to a previous problem of desktop effects with
> VNC not repainting the screen. When we first installed 10.04 on the two
> machines a while ago, we had to turn off desktop effects for VNC to
> repaint the screen. However, an Ubuntu update was installed at some
> point and we could then have desktop effects on plus use VNC. We can't
> turn off desktop effects with Unity.
>
> Could this be related/similar to this bug?:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
> of the bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/772304
>
> Title:
> vnc to 11.04 isn't working, only first frame is displayed and no other
> events are updated to the viewer
>
> Status in “vino” package in Ubuntu:
> New
>
> Bug description:
> Binary package hint: vino
>
> I have upgraded to 11.04 from beta 2. I'm facing ,vnc to 11.04 machine
> from windows or any other machine only the first frame appears and no
> other events are updated to vnc viewer. Mouse clicks are happening on
> the remote machine but the screen is not refreshed on the vncviewer
> side at all. It wasn't seen in 10.10. Please let me know what output i
> should collect ?. x11vnc is working fine.
>
> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vino/+bug/772304/+subscribe
>

sudurais (sudurais) wrote :

Problem still exist in ATI driver based system. My office desktop its not
working. Samething works at my home where its Nvidia. Does Vino has
dependencies with Video drivers?

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:06 PM, sudurais a <email address hidden> wrote:

> this issue seems to be fixed in latest vino update. i will get more
> details later.
>
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Brian Holland <email address hidden>wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem with two Ubuntu 11.04 machines. I'm sure it's
>> only the vino server at fault, as there was no problem when the server
>> machine (my mother's) was still on 10.10 yet the client machine (mine)
>> was already on 11.04. When my mother upgraded to 11.04 yesterday, I can
>> no longer help her via VNC. Her screen won't repaint in my viewer.
>>
>> We seem to have regressed to a previous problem of desktop effects with
>> VNC not repainting the screen. When we first installed 10.04 on the two
>> machines a while ago, we had to turn off desktop effects for VNC to
>> repaint the screen. However, an Ubuntu update was installed at some
>> point and we could then have desktop effects on plus use VNC. We can't
>> turn off desktop effects with Unity.
>>
>> Could this be related/similar to this bug?:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/353126
>>
>> --
>> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
>> of the bug.
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/772304
>>
>> Title:
>> vnc to 11.04 isn't working, only first frame is displayed and no other
>> events are updated to the viewer
>>
>> Status in “vino” package in Ubuntu:
>> New
>>
>> Bug description:
>> Binary package hint: vino
>>
>> I have upgraded to 11.04 from beta 2. I'm facing ,vnc to 11.04 machine
>> from windows or any other machine only the first frame appears and no
>> other events are updated to vnc viewer. Mouse clicks are happening on
>> the remote machine but the screen is not refreshed on the vncviewer
>> side at all. It wasn't seen in 10.10. Please let me know what output i
>> should collect ?. x11vnc is working fine.
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this bug, go to:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vino/+bug/772304/+subscribe
>>
>
>

sudurais (sudurais) wrote :

Problem is still exist in ATI video card based system.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers