This bug was fixed in the package usb-creator - 0.2.22
usb-creator (0.2.22) lucid; urgency=low
[ Roderick B. Greening ]
* Get rid of the needs-format warning for now. It was always shown
for parent block devices and the confusing resulting from that was
quite bad. This was previously done for gtk but not kde version.
* Update kde frontend format option to match gtk frontend/backend
* Add warning dialog to format button for usb-creator-kde, to match gtk.
* Add BusyCursor while formatting under usb-creator-kde, to match gtk.
[ Evan Dandrea ]
* Change the format button's label to 'Erase Disk' as it wipes the
entire disk, rather than an individual partition (LP 484252).
-- Evan Dandrea <email address hidden> Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:41:26 +0100