package ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Bug #1578032 reported by toanGa on 2016-05-04
26
This bug affects 5 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
ufw (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

when i start my computer,it happens the report problem,then i click it ,it show that

ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-21.37-generic 4.4.6
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
Date: Tue May 3 23:34:43 2016
DpkgHistoryLog:
 Start-Date: 2016-05-03 23:34:26
 Commandline: aptdaemon role='role-commit-packages' sender=':1.107'
 Upgrade: google-chrome-stable:amd64 (50.0.2661.86-1, 50.0.2661.94-1), ubuntu-core-launcher:amd64 (1.0.27, 1.0.27.1)
DuplicateSignature:
 Setting up ufw (0.35-0ubuntu2) ...
 mv: '/lib/ufw/user.rules' and '/etc/ufw/user.rules' are the same file
 dpkg: error processing package ufw (--configure):
  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-10-30 (186 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
PackageArchitecture: all
RelatedPackageVersions:
 dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1
 apt 1.2.10ubuntu1
SourcePackage: ufw
Title: package ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-04-22 (12 days ago)
mtime.conffile..etc.rsyslog.d.20-ufw.conf: 2015-09-09T03:01:36

toanGa (trantoan20122582) wrote :
tags: removed: need-duplicate-check
Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand) wrote :

It sounds like at some point in the past you moved /lib/ufw/user*.rules into /etc/ufw and then created symlinks from /lib/ufw/user*.rules to /lib/ufw. Does this sound plausible?

Changed in ufw (Ubuntu):
status: New → Incomplete
toanGa (trantoan20122582) wrote :

may i delete file user.rules in the folder /etc/ufw

Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand) wrote :

No. *If* the /lib/ufw/user*.rules files are already symlinks to the files in /etc/ufw, then this is how you can resolve this:

$ sudo rm -f /lib/ufw/user*.rules # remove the existing symlinks
$ sudo mv /etc/ufw/user*.rules /lib/ufw # move your real user files back to /lib/ufw
$ sudo apt-get -f install # let ufw perform its upgrade procedure and let apt finish whatever it was doing before

thanks for your help.it works fine for me!

2016-05-06 20:46 GMT+07:00 Jamie Strandboge <email address hidden>:

> No. *If* the /lib/ufw/user*.rules files are already symlinks to the
> files in /etc/ufw, then this is how you can resolve this:
>
> $ sudo rm -f /lib/ufw/user*.rules # remove the existing symlinks
> $ sudo mv /etc/ufw/user*.rules /lib/ufw # move your real user files back
> to /lib/ufw
> $ sudo apt-get -f install # let ufw perform its upgrade
> procedure and let apt finish whatever it was doing before
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1578032
>
> Title:
> package ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
> installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> Status in ufw package in Ubuntu:
> Incomplete
>
> Bug description:
> when i start my computer,it happens the report problem,then i click it
> ,it show that
>
> ProblemType: Package
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
> Package: ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-21.37-generic 4.4.6
> Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
> ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
> Architecture: amd64
> Date: Tue May 3 23:34:43 2016
> DpkgHistoryLog:
> Start-Date: 2016-05-03 23:34:26
> Commandline: aptdaemon role='role-commit-packages' sender=':1.107'
> Upgrade: google-chrome-stable:amd64 (50.0.2661.86-1, 50.0.2661.94-1),
> ubuntu-core-launcher:amd64 (1.0.27, 1.0.27.1)
> DuplicateSignature:
> Setting up ufw (0.35-0ubuntu2) ...
> mv: '/lib/ufw/user.rules' and '/etc/ufw/user.rules' are the same file
> dpkg: error processing package ufw (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
> status 1
> ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned
> error exit status 1
> InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-10-30 (186 days ago)
> InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
> PackageArchitecture: all
> RelatedPackageVersions:
> dpkg 1.18.4ubuntu1
> apt 1.2.10ubuntu1
> SourcePackage: ufw
> Title: package ufw 0.35-0ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess
> installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-04-22 (12 days ago)
> mtime.conffile..etc.rsyslog.d.20-ufw.conf: 2015-09-09T03:01:36
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ufw/+bug/1578032/+subscriptions
>

Changed in ufw (Ubuntu):
status: Incomplete → Invalid
Norbert (nrbrtx) wrote :

got this error during upgrade of 14.04 to 16.04

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers