can not connect/re-add machine when removed it from a different machine

Bug #662808 reported by Michael Vogt on 2010-10-18
22
This bug affects 4 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu)
Undecided
Unassigned

Bug Description

Binary package hint: ubuntuone-client

I removed a machine B via the u1 preferences panel on machine A. When I now open the u1preferences
panel on machine B I can no longer login (that is expected) but also not re-add this machine. I keep getting
connecting, disconnected in the status. The log says:

2010-10-18 19:03:07,556 - ubuntuone.SyncDaemon.ActionQueue - INFO - The request 'oauth_authenticate' failed with the error: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED and was handled with the event: SYS_AUTH_ERROR

I wonder what I can do to re-add the machine again.

Michael Vogt (mvo) wrote :

Removing the token via seahorse from my gnome-keyring fixed the issue.

Michael Vogt (mvo) wrote :

I would still think this is a bug as a "normal" user will have trouble finding seahorse.

Thomas Martinez (djt49507) wrote :

I have the same exact problem. I cannot re-add the machine to my UbuntuOne account. I have tried everything I could think of but I am still getting the messages in the syncdaemon.log file. I went through the UbuntuOne add-account procedure as well but still nothing. When I log into one.ubuntu.com, the machine still is not listed there.

Michael Vogt (mvo) wrote :

Hey Thomas, please try to run the "seahorse" program and look for the "ubuntuone" key there. When I deleted that, it worked for me.

Thomas Martinez (djt49507) wrote :

Thank you very much. That worked.

Snahrck (hansenclever) wrote :

This workaround does not fix the problem for me. I can connect from one machine (Lucidy upgraded to Maveric) but not in the other one (Maveric). In the machine that I can't connect I tried this workaround without success:

- I exclude the "Ubuntu One" key with seahorse
- I Killed ubuntu-one related processes (otherwise clicking in Ubuntu One preferences does nothing)
- I Opened ubuntu-one preferences and entered my login and password again

But the same message appears in syncdaemon.log:

ubuntuone.SyncDaemon.ActionQueue - INFO - The request 'oauth_authenticate' failed with the error: AUTHENTICATION_FAILED and was handled with the event: SYS_AUTH_ERROR

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers