Ubuntu

Random .u1conflict extensions added to files

Reported by IDWMaster on 2009-10-11
82
This bug affects 18 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu)
Medium
Unassigned
Nominated for Karmic by Saurabh Saraf
Nominated for Lucid by Saurabh Saraf

Bug Description

Binary package hint: ubuntuone-client

The client randomly assigns "u1conflict" extensions to files that have not even been modified. This occurs after a sync that says "Ubuntu One has finished updating 0 files".

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
Date: Sun Oct 11 09:19:21 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
Package: ubuntuone-client 0.96.0-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-13.44-generic
SourcePackage: ubuntuone-client
Tags: ubuntu-unr
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-13-generic i686

IDWMaster (webadm) wrote :
Mark G. Saye (markgsaye) wrote :

IDWMaster, thanks for submitting this bug report. I'm tagging it for one of the developers to look into.

Changed in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu):
status: New → Triaged
importance: Undecided → Medium
tags: added: foundations+
OSSFB (dj-breeden-ossfb) wrote :

Has there been any update on this? I started experiencing the same problem earlier today. originally, post install, the application worked fine, and the sync account was working as expected. Because I wanted a new, unified address to keep everything under, I uninstalled, and re-installed according to the documentation provided by Joshua Hoover.

Post re-installation, however, nothing works. The account appears that it is connecting to the correct U1 account, but any attempts to add a file to the "Ubuntu One" directory causes an immediate addition of .u1conflict to whatever file it is. If you attempt to create a folder in that directory and change the name, you immediately get an error. What is happening is before the UI is actually allowing the user to make the change to the name, it has already registered a name change to *.u1conflict.

SYNCDAEMON.LOG also reports a number of the following entries.

2009-11-15 23:51:19,413 - ubuntuone.SyncDaemon.ActionQueue - WARNING - MakeFile share:'' node:'1695cfad-d9c3-4f53-934b-0a80e78ebbfd' MakeFile(marker="'1695cfad-d9c3-4f53-934b-0a80e78ebbfd'", parent_id="'78cb86d4-9735-47ea-9341-a3a126ea2c47'", share_id="''", name="u'gsdfgfd'") failure DOES_NOT_EXIST
2009-11-15 23:51:19,418 - ubuntuone.SyncDaemon.sync - INFO - -:-:- 1695cfad-d9c3-4f53-934b-0a80e78ebbfd [-:-] ''-'' | Called file_not_created_remove (In: T:LOCAL:F)

Is there anything I can do to assist this issue further along?

K. Deniz Ogut (kdenizogut) wrote :

Hi,
Today I experienced the same problem.

Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with all updates. ubuntuone-client 1.1.0+r294

Some background:
1- My system default is Turkish locale and Turkish locale has some known python+turkish locale issues affecting ubuntuone in some way, but there is a workaround as stated in Bug #467397 and today I applied that workaround i.e. starting ubuntuone with "env LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 ubuntuone-client-applet" at the startup.
2-Before I used the way above was this: For the first time, I had used EN locale at first and then I started ubuntuone.client manually each time I wanted to sycronize.
3- Today, that way didn't work as well and I went for the workaround option.
4- Ubuntuone-client started automatically at startup and syncronized as it should be.
5- but there was a plain text file originally named programlarim_9_04_seçme and it became programlarim_9_04_seçme.u1conflict in my local ubuntuone directory and it didn't show up in Web area.
6- I renamed it to programlarim_9_04 (not using that Turkish specific character ç, I don't know ifit has something to do with the problem or not)
7- Immediately after I renamed the file, ubuntuone.client syncronized automatically and the file was on the Web area.

User dobey on IRC Freenode #ubuntuone wanted me to file a bug and I'm adding my situation here. All files in my .cache/ubuntuone/log directory are attached.

I also experienced this issue a few days ago -- multiple computers synchronizing, only one of them has the files with the added extensions.

To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Other bug subscribers

Related questions