ubuntu-kylin-docs was not installed by default in latest image

Bug #1308889 reported by jiaowen520li on 2014-04-17
26
This bug affects 3 people
Affects Status Importance Assigned to Milestone
Ubuntu Kylin
High
Huan Peng
ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu)
Medium
ShuiLu Pi

Bug Description

系统版本:UK14.04-Trusty Final-0417

Click on "Ubuntu Help", it shows the error "document not found". Consider this as release-critical.

点击“Ubuntu 帮助”,弹出的窗口提示“文档未找到”。“ubuntu-kylin-docs”相关包系统未包含。

jiaowen520li (jiaowen520li) wrote :
jiaowen520li (jiaowen520li) wrote :

1. 更新软件源:sudo apt-get update
2. 安装ubuntu-kylin-docs:sudo apt-get install ubuntu-kylin-docs

新装系统执行完以上两步,UbuntuKylin帮助文档即可正常显示。

Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
assignee: nobody → ShuiLu Pi (pishuilu1128)
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings:
assignee: nobody → ShuiLu Pi (pishuilu1128)
importance: Undecided → Critical
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
importance: Undecided → Critical
Changed in ubuntukylin:
importance: Undecided → Critical
description: updated
Ubuntu QA Website (ubuntuqa) wrote :

This bug has been reported on the Ubuntu ISO testing tracker.

A list of all reports related to this bug can be found here:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/bugs/1308889

tags: added: iso-testing
Ma Jun (maclin.jun) on 2014-04-17
summary: - ubuntu-kylin-docs import errors
+ ubuntu-kylin-docs was not installed by default in latest image
Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox) wrote :

As per ubuntu bug policies, critical priority means that it causes data loss or renders machines unusable. Adjusting the priority accordingly.

Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
importance: Critical → Medium
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings:
importance: Critical → Medium
Aron Xu (happyaron) on 2014-04-17
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
status: New → Fix Committed
Launchpad Janitor (janitor) wrote :

This bug was fixed in the package ubuntukylin-default-settings - 1.1.10

---------------
ubuntukylin-default-settings (1.1.10) trusty; urgency=low

  [ Ma Jun ]
  * Really add extra installation of ubuntu-kylin-docs in hooks/chroot
    (LP: #1308889)
 -- Aron Xu <email address hidden> Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:09:12 +0800

Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Committed → Fix Released
Anthony Wong (anthonywong) wrote :

Issue not fixed, see the installation log at http://paste.ubuntu.com/7269077/ for details.

Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
status: Fix Released → Triaged
Changed in ubuntukylin:
importance: Critical → High
Iain Lane (laney) wrote :

It's because the package which is installed from the hook in ubuntukylin-default-settings is marked for removal at the end of the installation. Trying to think of a way around this.

Iain Lane (laney) wrote :

One problem is that ubuntu-kylin-docs has a Conflicts with ubuntu-docs, and the latter is part of Task: ubuntu-desktop which is installed when the image is built. This precludes installing the package directly either from ubuntukylin-default-settings or in livecd-rootfs.

I can imagine that we might add a facility to remove a package from the to-be-installed list, though. It's a bit of a hack but I think it'd work. So in live-build/auto/config (livecd-rootfs):

»···ubuntukylin)
»···»···add_task install minimal standard ubuntu-desktop
»···»···# ubuntukylin-default-settings Recommends: ubuntu-kylin-docs which
»···»···# Conflicts: ubuntu-docs
»···»···remove_package install ubuntu-docs
»···»···add_package install ubuntukylin-default-settings
»···»···LIVE_TASK='ubuntu-live'
»···»···COMPONENTS='main restricted universe'
»···»···;;

Unless anyone has a better idea. Steve, I know you're involved with Kylin stuff - thoughts?

Steve Langasek (vorlon) wrote :

Iain, I thought ubuntukylin-default-settings already had support for removing packages that had previously been isntalled from the ubuntu-desktop task; this is one of the facilities that ubuntu-defaults-builder is supposed to provide. Am I missing some reason that this isn't sufficient for the ubuntu-kylin-docs case?

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 06:55:34PM -0000, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Iain, I thought ubuntukylin-default-settings already had support for
> removing packages that had previously been isntalled from the ubuntu-
> desktop task; this is one of the facilities that ubuntu-defaults-builder
> is supposed to provide. Am I missing some reason that this isn't
> sufficient for the ubuntu-kylin-docs case?

I've had a look and I don't see such a facility in
ubuntu-defaults-builder. Hopefully I'm missing it, but I think that it
wouldn't be very easy to add it properly.

I guess though that ubuntukylin-default-settings could do such mangling
as I suggested earlier in its hook, assuming it's appropriate for the
hook to poke around in the internals of the image build process.

--
Iain Lane [ <email address hidden> ]
Debian Developer [ <email address hidden> ]
Ubuntu Developer [ <email address hidden> ]

Steve Langasek (vorlon) wrote :

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 08:56:18PM -0000, Iain Lane wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 06:55:34PM -0000, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Iain, I thought ubuntukylin-default-settings already had support for
> > removing packages that had previously been isntalled from the ubuntu-
> > desktop task; this is one of the facilities that ubuntu-defaults-builder
> > is supposed to provide. Am I missing some reason that this isn't
> > sufficient for the ubuntu-kylin-docs case?

> I've had a look and I don't see such a facility in
> ubuntu-defaults-builder. Hopefully I'm missing it, but I think that it
> wouldn't be very easy to add it properly.

> I guess though that ubuntukylin-default-settings could do such mangling
> as I suggested earlier in its hook, assuming it's appropriate for the
> hook to poke around in the internals of the image build process.

So maybe it's not part of the ubuntu-defaults-builder interfaces per se, but
I'm pretty sure that's what hooks/chroot in ubuntukylin-default-settings is
for.

rawlist=$(cat /usr/share/ubuntukylin-default-settings/remove-package.list)
list=$(dpkg -l $rawlist | awk '/^i/ {print $2}')
[ -z "$list" ] || apt-get purge --auto-remove -y $list

ubuntu-docs is already listed there, though.

It's possible this isn't fixable properly without moving ubuntukylin
handling to a seed + meta package.

Iain Lane (laney) wrote :

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 09:37:50PM -0000, Steve Langasek wrote:
> […]
> So maybe it's not part of the ubuntu-defaults-builder interfaces per se, but
> I'm pretty sure that's what hooks/chroot in ubuntukylin-default-settings is
> for.
>
> rawlist=$(cat /usr/share/ubuntukylin-default-settings/remove-package.list)
> list=$(dpkg -l $rawlist | awk '/^i/ {print $2}')
> [ -z "$list" ] || apt-get purge --auto-remove -y $list
>
> ubuntu-docs is already listed there, though.

Indeed you can remove packages in this way, but it is the fact that
-docs is manually installed using apt-get through the hook instead of in
depends/recommends.txt like everything else that causes the problem. It
can't be done in that way because of the Conflicts to ubuntu-docs.

>
> It's possible this isn't fixable properly without moving ubuntukylin
> handling to a seed + meta package.

That's clearly the best solution, but I'm not sure it can be done for
14.04.x. Perhaps I'll see what a livecd-rootfs patch looks like for
this.

--
Iain Lane [ <email address hidden> ]
Debian Developer [ <email address hidden> ]
Ubuntu Developer [ <email address hidden> ]

Changed in ubuntukylin:
assignee: nobody → Huan Peng (penghuanmail)
Huan Peng (penghuanmail) wrote :

Hi, steve, about ubuntukylin seed+meta, i have send mail to you, hope you can take a look ^_^. Thanks!

tags: added: utopic-pre-alpha1
shijing (shijing) wrote :

2014-6-16 utopic dailybuild iso
in the live session , 'ubuntu help' display right ,after installed,‘ubuntu help’ did not display, and ubuntu-kylin-doc did not installed.

zhangchao (zctgbhu) on 2014-09-11
Changed in ubuntukylin:
status: New → Confirmed
shijing (shijing) on 2014-09-12
Changed in ubuntukylin:
status: Confirmed → Fix Released
zhangchao (zctgbhu) on 2014-09-15
Changed in ubuntukylin:
milestone: none → utopic-beta2
Aron Xu (happyaron) on 2014-09-15
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings (Ubuntu):
status: Triaged → Won't Fix
ShuiLu Pi (pishuilu1128) on 2014-09-17
no longer affects: ubuntukylin-default-settings
shijing (shijing) on 2014-11-17
Changed in ubuntukylin-default-settings:
status: New → Invalid
no longer affects: ubuntukylin-default-settings
To post a comment you must log in.
This report contains Public information  Edit
Everyone can see this information.

Duplicates of this bug

Other bug subscribers